sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Thamnophis

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-14, 09:06 PM   #46
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: Draco Profile

He's a real beauty BSG. Awesome colors, amazing pattern, and I love the jewel dot on top of his head .
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 09-04-14, 06:19 AM   #47
Obsidian_Dragon

They're so neat, I love them. It's always funny to be eyeballed from across the room. My MBK doesn't really seem to care what I'm doing--until I try to reach in and pester him, of course.

I just wish mine wasn't the world's biggest weenie and wanted anything to do with me! I don't dare handle her yet, they disdain gravity and have a magical ability to teleport.
Old 09-05-14, 02:52 AM   #48
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian_Dragon View Post
They're so neat, I love them. It's always funny to be eyeballed from across the room. My MBK doesn't really seem to care what I'm doing--until I try to reach in and pester him, of course.

I just wish mine wasn't the world's biggest weenie and wanted anything to do with me! I don't dare handle her yet, they disdain gravity and have a magical ability to teleport.
Yes, they are very silly snakes. I've turned my head to look over a few times to see him looking at me. Whenever he saw I noticed, he either jumped or went into hiding. lol He spends most of his time underground now, but if we're hanging out in the living room he'll come out for a bit to see what's going on.

And yeah, mine's a weenie, too. XD He used to fling himself out of my hand all the time, but with regular handling he's calmed down. He's still not good enough that I'd let him crawl through the grass like the other two, but he's easier to handle. If they manage to break free, they'll be gone in a flash. I'd say she'll calm down after a bit of handling, just be extra careful, and sticking close to her enclosure might be a good idea. haha
Old 09-09-14, 10:54 AM   #49
bigsnakegirl785

I decided to try putting Draco into Cloud's weighing tub outside to let him crawl around, and make it easier on me to take photos. I pulled some grass blades for him to crawl through and hide under as well. He didn't try very hard to crawl out of the tub, and after only a few times of keeping him from crawling over the edge and he contented himself with crawling under and through the grass. I had it half in and half out of the sun so I could take sharper photos while allowing him the option to escape into the shade if he wanted.

Old 09-09-14, 11:21 AM   #50
SnoopySnake

Nice pics! I really like that second one. He's a cutie
Login to remove ads
Old 09-10-14, 01:42 PM   #51
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopySnake View Post
Nice pics! I really like that second one. He's a cutie
Thanks! He's a handful, too. Probably the worst of the trio, he needs constant attention and doesn't just chill like the others. lol He might have periods where he'll sit still, but they're few and it doesn't last long. Even though the other two make it their business to redecorate, they're a lot easier to deal with.
Old 09-10-14, 01:55 PM   #52
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

His colors are phenomenal BSG.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 09-10-14, 02:00 PM   #53
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
His colors are phenomenal BSG.
Thank you! And would you believe me if I said these photos did him no justice? The last photo is probably the closest to his true colors, but the purples are just slightly paled out. He literally glows in my hand now. He started out so dull and pale, he's definitely changed over the past (almost) year!
Old 09-10-14, 06:32 PM   #54
drumcrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
Thank you! And would you believe me if I said these photos did him no justice? The last photo is probably the closest to his true colors, but the purples are just slightly paled out. He literally glows in my hand now. He started out so dull and pale, he's definitely changed over the past (almost) year!
I hate that, the camera sucks at catching Mrs. Buttercups colors. Like she is sooo much brighter in person.
Old 09-11-14, 10:23 AM   #55
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumcrush View Post
I hate that, the camera sucks at catching Mrs. Buttercups colors. Like she is sooo much brighter in person.
Yeah, Draco is the hardest to photograph due to his light coloration. Many times his patterns are wiped out by the light, or when he's in the shade. I need to find that middle line to properly capture him. Unfortunately cameras are not human eyes, maybe 20 years down the line we'll get ones that will do so. :P

I also weighed him for the first time since when I first got him, and he's a whopping 12 grams.
Old 09-11-14, 12:57 PM   #56
Obsidian_Dragon

Ha, he's only a smidge bigger than my pastel girl, then--she was a whole 11.7 grams when I managed to get her in the weighing cup!
Old 09-11-14, 07:54 PM   #57
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Ha, he's only a smidge bigger than my pastel girl, then--she was a whole 11.7 grams when I managed to get her in the weighing cup!
Yay for baby garters! :P

I'm not sure if my scale include decimals or not, it does it for the ounces, but it was 12 grams flat on the screen at least.

Luckily if he's in a hide, if I just pick him up and plop him in the bowl he usually sits still. Watching me distrustfully, but still. lol Now, if he's been up and about or I've been handling him, that's another story....The only one that's guaranteed to give me problems is the ball python.
Old 09-12-14, 07:50 AM   #58
Obsidian_Dragon

Dart can go from still to SUDDENLY TELEPORTING ACROSS THE ROOM so I always use a deli cup with a lid.

I do the same with my kingsnake, even, because even though he's my "tame" snake he's still a colubrid. Suddenly on a mission to nowhere, etc...
Old 09-13-14, 05:18 PM   #59
infernalis

Looks great.. in fine care too.

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 09-14-14, 09:40 AM   #60
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Dart can go from still to SUDDENLY TELEPORTING ACROSS THE ROOM so I always use a deli cup with a lid.

I do the same with my kingsnake, even, because even though he's my "tame" snake he's still a colubrid. Suddenly on a mission to nowhere, etc...
Hahaha, yeah I know that feeling, Draco used to do that all the time, but luckily he's calmed down a lot since I first got him. He's still difficult, but not quite as bad. They all seem to retain that manic energy whenever they're left to their own devices, though. I chalk it up to the colubrid attitude. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
Looks great.. in fine care too.
Thanks! He's been a great little guy, I'm looking forward to getting more eventually.

I've started seeing Draco out more again, I guess before I was just out of the room whenever he was out; I've seen him out and about twice this week. He was also fed Friday, and last week I had the relief of all snakes being fed around the same time. My ball python has been a bad eater for the past 2 years, and I suspect it's from moving stress as I've moved homes 3 times and he's changed enclosures 3 times as well.
Closed Thread