Closed Thread

Old 02-26-14, 08:24 AM   #16
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Re: Draco Profile

Draco is very cute! so tiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
For some reason the posts are miscounting my photos? When I have 8, it says I have 10, when I have 7 it says 9.....Any ways, here are the two "extras."
Did you count the emoticons as well? They count as an image.
Old 02-26-14, 08:30 AM   #17
thinkbig317

Aww.....what a cute lil guy!!!
Old 03-01-14, 04:41 AM   #18
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
Draco is very cute! so tiny

Did you count the emoticons as well? They count as an image.
No, I hadn't. XD I did go back to one post, but there was still one image unaccounted for. I'll remember that for next time, though!

He is very very tiny, but he's grown a whole lot in the nearly 5 months I've had him, it's insane. lol As he's getting bigger, he's getting less flighty, and it's becoming easier for me to handle him. He's just so tiny, I'm always scared of squishing him. He's definitely the tiniest snake I've "officially" kept. I tried keeping ringnecks as a child about his size and smaller, but I always let them go because I couldn't get them eating. I knew they ate earthworms and slugs, they were just so stressed from captivity they wouldn't eat. I did get the water snakes I caught to eat, though.
Old 03-02-14, 08:11 PM   #19
bigsnakegirl785

Well I tried feeding him yesterday, and found out he's starting a new shed cycle!

Old 03-02-14, 08:38 PM   #20
poomwah

he is SO beautiful. I wish I could have garter snakes but the DNR frowns upon it :[
Well,they won't let me have them in the house, but they can't do anything about the ones that decided to live in my shed :P
1.0 Rat terrier/toy for terrier mix- LOUIS, 1.0 whitesided eastern rat- George, 1.0 NJ pine barrens northern pine- Chingachgook, 0.1 Taiwan Beauty- Mei-ling, 0.1 Yellow Texas Bull- Norma Jean, 3.0 "normal" corns Fettuccine and Jager, Higgins
Login to remove ads
Old 03-07-14, 08:13 PM   #21
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by poomwah View Post
he is SO beautiful. I wish I could have garter snakes but the DNR frowns upon it :[
Well,they won't let me have them in the house, but they can't do anything about the ones that decided to live in my shed :P
Thanks! And that's too bad, they are so goofy. I miss finding snakes around where I live. The only snake I've seen in the past 2-3 (maybe 4) years is a baby ringneck. I used to find ringnecks, garters, and water snakes all the time.

Well, I found Draco's little present today. It was a bit dark for photos, but I'll try to get some better ones tomorrow during the day.

It was threaded through his vine, so I accidentally ripped it in half. He also got a meal since he refused his food and took it quite ravenously.

I got him out and he musked me a little...
Old 03-07-14, 08:16 PM   #22
drumcrush

Real nice! Mrs. Buttercup shed as well 13"!
Old 03-07-14, 08:34 PM   #23
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumcrush View Post
Real nice! Mrs. Buttercup shed as well 13"!
Cool.

I didn't measure this shed, but it wasn't much bigger than his last one when I put them next to each other. It was bigger around, but not noticeably longer. It's probably ~10 inches though.
Old 03-07-14, 08:46 PM   #24
poomwah

nice, he's looking great :]
1.0 Rat terrier/toy for terrier mix- LOUIS, 1.0 whitesided eastern rat- George, 1.0 NJ pine barrens northern pine- Chingachgook, 0.1 Taiwan Beauty- Mei-ling, 0.1 Yellow Texas Bull- Norma Jean, 3.0 "normal" corns Fettuccine and Jager, Higgins
Old 03-07-14, 09:53 PM   #25
drumcrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
Cool.

I didn't measure this shed, but it wasn't much bigger than his last one when I put them next to each other. It was bigger around, but not noticeably longer. It's probably ~10 inches though.
Sweet, makin progress
Login to remove ads
Old 03-27-14, 11:44 AM   #26
bigsnakegirl785

Well, I can finally sit down and almost relax with him instead of hovering over his tank. I had him out for about 30 minutes a few days ago and he was being fairly calm, just threading through my fingers, crawling up my arm, and wrapping around my wrist. He hasn't launched himself out of my hand in a long time now.

It's always funny bringing Cloud out of his enclosure, because it's only about a foot away from Draco's tank. It's amazing how aware garters are of everything, because as soon as Cloud is out Draco can smell him and he comes out of hiding to watch him. Neither Bud nor Cloud ever notice each other, so it's pretty cool (and funny lol) to see a snake so interested in another. He also got a chance to go outside a few weeks ago - he was not allowed to leave my hand, of course!

Old 03-27-14, 11:52 AM   #27
drumcrush

Real nice! It's funny for me when it comes to feeding time. I will lay the mouse somewhere in the tank, and she shoots out of the aspen once she smells it and realizes there is food haha Nice to Hear Draco is doing fine
Old 03-27-14, 11:56 AM   #28
pdomensis

So cute. I like the double yellow dots on his head.
Old 03-27-14, 12:08 PM   #29
sharthun

Beautiful Garter!

Steve
Old 03-27-14, 04:52 PM   #30
JW360

Ugh I want one so bad the local place has like five or six baby albino checkerds like yours they are so fun and active I love it.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread