Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Thamnophis

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-13, 05:33 AM   #16
drumcrush

Re: Mer albino

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
Yeah, he's wonderful even if he's still being picky. I love these guys' colors! There's not too many albino T. marcianus owners on here from what I can see. lol
Yeah, I'm waiting for Mrs. Buttercup(yes, I really named her that lol) to get big enough so I can get her on pinkies. I'm gunna fees her a live one first because she seems to eat based on movement. One she is okay with that, I will do f/t. I hope my plan works lol but yeah, are you on the Thamnophis forum?
Old 10-31-13, 10:29 AM   #17
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumcrush View Post
Yeah, I'm waiting for Mrs. Buttercup(yes, I really named her that lol) to get big enough so I can get her on pinkies. I'm gunna fees her a live one first because she seems to eat based on movement. One she is okay with that, I will do f/t. I hope my plan works lol but yeah, are you on the Thamnophis forum?
I'm not sure if the mouse pinky I got was just super small or what, but it was almost small enough for Draco (that's what I ended up naming him) and he's smaller than Mrs. Buttercup (lol btw). Only thing is, he totally flipped out when I tried to give him some parts. He was rattling his tail and flinging himself through the air to get away. So, the rats may take some work and heavy scenting. Yes, I have an account, but I don't get on it too often. I may start going on more at some point, though. It just takes me awhile to get started. :P
Old 10-31-13, 10:42 AM   #18
drumcrush

Quote:
I'm not sure if the mouse pinky I got was just super small or what, but it was almost small enough for Draco (that's what I ended up naming him) and he's smaller than Mrs. Buttercup (lol btw). Only thing is, he totally flipped out when I tried to give him some parts. He was rattling his tail and flinging himself through the air to get away. So, the rats may take some work and heavy scenting. Yes, I have an account, but I don't get on it too often. I may start going on more at some point, though. It just takes me awhile to get started. :P
Yeah, I don't get on as often either lol I only posted like 40 times or so. I guess if Draco is smaller, then pinkies should be alright for her than. I will have to give it a try i guess haha
Old 10-31-13, 10:47 AM   #19
bigsnakegirl785

You could try it, it shouldn't hurt anything, but like I said the mouse could have been smaller than normal. Just see how the mouse compares to her body. I believe garters can take prey 1.5 times their widest part. If not, it should be as big around as she is.
Old 10-31-13, 11:00 AM   #20
drumcrush

Quote:
You could try it, it shouldn't hurt anything, but like I said the mouse could have been smaller than normal. Just see how the mouse compares to her body. I believe garters can take prey 1.5 times their widest part. If not, it should be as big around as she is.
Yeah, she could definitely take the pinkies then. I've compared them to her body the other day while my brother had them out to feed his corn. I could also always ask the pet store for some of their smallest pinkies.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-31-13, 11:02 AM   #21
bigsnakegirl785

Well then, I would go for it.
Old 10-31-13, 11:09 AM   #22
drumcrush

Alrighty, I will
Old 03-28-14, 06:10 AM   #23
drumcrush

I though I'd do an update on Mrs. Buttercup. She is now about 13" long, maybe a lol longer since I took that measurement a while ago lol but she is now on fuzzies and still growing like crazy!

And here she is with a full belly!

Old 03-28-14, 07:27 AM   #24
sharthun

Lookin good DC!

Quote:
I though I'd do an update on Mrs. Buttercup. She is now about 13" long, maybe a lol longer since I took that measurement a while ago lol but she is now on fuzzies and still growing like crazy!

Steve
Old 03-28-14, 07:30 AM   #25
Sharlynn93

thought I would share a recent pic of loki...we are thinking "she" is actually a boy.... :/ "he" is just a bit over 2 feet long and puts down hoppers now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 079.jpg (24.8 KB, 36 views)
Login to remove ads
Old 03-28-14, 08:12 AM   #26
sharthun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlynn93 View Post
thought I would share a recent pic of loki...we are thinking "she" is actually a boy.... :/ "he" is just a bit over 2 feet long and puts down hoppers now
Loki is looking great!

Steve
Old 03-28-14, 09:17 AM   #27
drumcrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharthun View Post
Lookin good DC!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlynn93 View Post
Looking good! How old is s/he ? I would imagine it being a male if it was old lol
Old 03-29-14, 01:52 AM   #28
Sharlynn93

I have had him 14 months and when I got him he was about 14in long...not sure how old he was...was eating small pinks...was off food for a while around thanksgiving time, then ate fish for a few weeks...but is now back on hoppers or rat fuzzies...doesn't seem to grow a whole lot...thats why I'm thinking its actually a boy...tail looks kinda "boy" judging from pics I found on the internet, too....
Old 03-29-14, 01:39 PM   #29
drumcrush

You can take pics and ask the guys on thamnophis.com , they are normally pretty good with this stuff. If anything, I can guess that it is around 2 years old. I also know that males are way more active than Females if that helps. I still suggest asking the guys at thamnophis.
Old 03-29-14, 03:08 PM   #30
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:

She's looking good! I love that's she's looking at the camera in all of these.
Closed Thread