border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > sSNAKESs.com Forums > sSNAKESs.com

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-05, 08:13 PM   #106
Tim and Julie B
Please Email Boots

True Chris but a 16 year old reasponsible or not is not at a point in their life were they should have a burm. In a few years what if they want to go to school or maybe they will get a job were they have to move etc. They just have no idea were they are going to end up so what will happen to that snake? I am not an ageist (lol) I know a few younger people with more comman since then some adults.
Old 03-19-05, 08:40 PM   #107
havenbounce

Boy oh boy!
I can't really get why people are getting way out of hand on the sale of this sight. So it's owned by an American big deal...(most of Canada already is) it's still the same people who are members...the same people who have the same hobbies. We didn't pay to join so why should we have been told about the sale. Maybe people who pay for advertising should have been notified but why should the rest of us.
For those who are angry because they think it's owned by Flukers than instead of bashing a sight where they are not making any money or posting advertising for their products do something that would be more beneficial...don't buy their products, don't shop at their stores, start protests and educate people who don't know about these things...get them where it really counts...the pocket book. How is the bickering on this sight going to help stop the sale of mass productions of reptiles?
way off topic but...
Gary I also feel I have to comment on somrthing you said
Quote:
Would a respected AKC site sell to a puppy mill? that is the parallel.
A puppymill isn't big enough to make they money it takes to do so.
AKC is not as clean and honest as you think either. Most of their events and shows are sponsered by a company that was caught in animal testing.
Plus the type of breeding that goes on by breeders to get that "look" that a dog needs to win can be discusting. Mother and sons are bred together, brothers and sisters and all kinds of things. (yes I know it for a fact...I've been with a purebred rescue for a long time and have seen the results of these breedings...just last Nov I was a foster mom to a puppy that was dumped on the streets when it was 9 days old because she was deaf and the breeder didn't want people to know they bred a deaf puppy. This dog was deaf because the breeder bred to colours that when bred together has the risk of 1 out of 4 puppies being deaf,blind or both. They did it anyways because this breeding also gave them a better chance of getting the colour they needed to win dog shows.
Ginnette
Old 03-19-05, 09:23 PM   #108
CamHanna

Quote:
Posted by CHRISANDBOIDS14
Im not going to comment on anything else in the thread because I dont feel it would be appropriate to join the pissing matches.
That's been my position as well.

Quote:
Posted by havenbounce
So it's owned by an American big deal...(most of Canada already is)
Sometimes it seems that Canada is the new Cuba (just as influenced, though not as exploited). A few Canadians may see that as a big deal.

Cam
Old 03-19-05, 09:59 PM   #109
Minnow

Send a message via MSN to Minnow
I think a lot of you are missing the point. I get the feeling that nobody has a problem with the site being owned by Americans. I think the problem lies with their money supporting an organization they did not choose to support!
If Jeff had been honest right from the getgo, some of the supporters might have wanted their money to go elsewhere. So even if advertisers got their money's worth, it probably wasn't supporting the cause that they thought it was. Eight months of evasion was totally unacceptable in my opinion.
SsnakesS.com was a very close knit community. As somebody pointed out 'this IS the internet!'.......yes it is........but this group developed bonds here and nobody wants to feel duped!
If 'this IS the internet' is an excuse, I guess Tony was justified to post pics of snakes he didn't have but wanted to impress us with.
If we want a site bases on lies and half-truths, I guess SsnakesS.com will stay alive. Most of the ppl that post here have hoards of info and are very trustworthy. Many good deals have been made in the classifieds. Too bad a few bad apples have to spoil it for everbody.
As I stated before. I feel bad for the Mods that had to keep coming up with excuses for why they couldn't do some admin duties until 'Jeff comes back'. And now I see Jeff accusing members of acting immaturely!!! LMFAO
************** is like a breath of fresh air. Maybe it is the new start we need. USA, Europe, Australia, Canada..........wherever you are...........join us for some good reptile discussions!

Peace!
Carol
Old 03-19-05, 10:02 PM   #110
Minnow

You are still blocking R E P T I L E S C A N A D A . C OM ?
Get a fricken life
Old 03-19-05, 10:07 PM   #111
havenbounce

The 'most of Canada is' was sarcasm...but really my point is nothing in the real world is perfect and whinning about it won't change things...instead of bashing things or people Canadians (and anybody else who wants to make a difference) should get off their hinnies and do something about it. Demonstrate, join groups that protest, visit schools and talk to kids again don't buy their stuff. I put my money where my mouth is and I go to people and educate them about why they shouldn't buy puppies from pet stores, I raise money for dog rescues, I got the store I work for to stop selling a brand of food that supports animal testing and they tell their clients why they don't carry it anymore. They now have also started they share and now donate food to rescues and talk to customers about adopting from shelters and rescues instead of stores. So you see one person can make a change. It might not be a big change but it's better than sitting around and complaining about it and doing nothing.
Ginnette
Old 03-19-05, 10:20 PM   #112
Minnow

Yes Ginnette, we can make a change.......right on over to that other sight.
Old 03-19-05, 11:08 PM   #113
selacs

I guess I got the "stand up for what you beleive in and fight unfairness" thing from my mother. I'm proud to say that.

Jeff, soon there will be nothing left for you to be proud of, if you continue making yourself look 2 years old.

You are the ony one looking like an idiot, sleep on it and read all the posts again.

Ryan
Old 03-19-05, 11:10 PM   #114
havenbounce

Minnow how is that changing anything? But I guess it does show one thing...your a follower and not a leader.
Ginnette
Old 03-20-05, 12:13 AM   #115
selacs

So now all of Jeff's posts and a few of mine were just deleted?

I'm gonna start saving all these files to my hard drive - this is just nuts, who is doing the deleting? Alien?

Jeff, when I click on your profile, I'm taken to havenbounce - is that you making those posts, what is going on here, mass censorship?

This is nuts.

Ryan
Old 03-20-05, 12:16 AM   #116
Laurynn

lol its enough for me to throw in the towel.. Have a great life peoples and no hard feelings. Love you MWAH!

Oh yeah btw this is Jeff
Old 03-20-05, 12:21 AM   #117
selacs

Did you delete all those posts?

No hard feelings here, I just had to be honest man, we'll have a beer when I come to one of the shows, and laugh about all this..... maybe.....

Damn, those posts were good, I wish they would not have been deleted.

Off to the other site....

Ryan
Old 03-20-05, 12:22 AM   #118
Laurynn

lol I actually deleted my username as I suddenly realized I am stressing myself out over something which is no longer mine... and yeah, the beers on me bro, no worries! Take Care.
Old 03-20-05, 12:22 AM   #119
selacs

Oh, and I have to know, when I got tossed as mod was it your wife sending me the p.m, or were you using her account? (notice I did not say anything about you hiding behind her skirt )

Ryan
Old 03-20-05, 12:25 AM   #120
Laurynn

lol to be honest dude I cant remember... she was actually active for awhile and thats when it could have happened. I will unban everyones IP's etc as it was pretty unjust aswell as the other site name and then throw in the towel.. Again I apologize to anyone who feels violated or hurt by the sale but just know I feel none of those things towards any of you!
Closed Thread