Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-18, 09:17 AM   #61
kudzu

Re: very strange behavior of my python

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazz View Post
It will be 18-22C in a room. It don't depends on me unfortunately. Last winter was her fist winter and she was fine. But she got warmth every day time.
I'm not sure why you are worried about the temperatures in the room. That doesn't matter. It is the temperatures in your snake's cage that matter. Just provide the proper temperature range in her cage, with safe, comfortable hides on both the cool and warm ends. She will choose what she needs.

As long as you have provided her with a safe, comfortable habitat, you don't really have a reason to worry. Her changes in behavior do not seem to be a concern. The only possible problem you have mentioned is her knocking on the glass. If it escalates to a stereotypical behavior then that may be a problem.

I do have sympathy for you. It concerns me any time my snake's behaviors change. In the two years since getting my first snake, I have repeatedly expressed worry about variances in my kingsnake's behavior. So much so that my boyfriend and I have a running joke about it. Me, "Look what he's doing. He's never done that before. Why has he started doing that?" Boyfriend, "Does it worry you? Is something wrong? Should you take him to the vet?" This has happened over & over again. The only time there was a problem was when he started soaking in his water bowl far too much. He had mites. When the mites were gone, things went back to normal.

For the record, I worry about my dogs just as much. Boyfriend always says that I would take my dogs to the vet for yawning too much. I've pointing out that in dogs, yawning can be a sign of stress and/or pain. So yes, I would in fact take them to the vet for yawning too much.
Old 10-05-18, 06:32 PM   #62
kazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
...that changes a spot in the cage where they are supposed to feel secure, so yes you did.
I have change cardboard hide-boxes several times. And there wasn't any behavior changes. I even tried back old cardboard hide-box. It doesn't help.
Old 10-05-18, 06:35 PM   #63
kazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
If proper temps/husbandry is provided, this won't occur. With proper husbandry snakes will not make themselves sick. Your snake knows what it needs better than you do. That is what everyone is trying to tell you.
So if a snake don't go to warm hide-box and stays under 20C at day and night it's ok ?
Old 10-05-18, 06:46 PM   #64
kazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
I'm not sure why you are worried about the temperatures in the room. That doesn't matter. It is the temperatures in your snake's cage that matter.
because I didn't see anyone use two heater to provide 24-28C on cool side.

Quote:
comfortable hides on both the cool and warm ends.
I had hide on cool side she don't use it at all fo more than a year. Viperkeeper don't provide 2 hides.

I just don't wanna she get RI. We don't have vets in my town, I don't have a car bc in Ukraine having car it's very expensive and if even ppl buy a car it's a 5year one from Europe. So if she get RI she it will be a big problem.
Old 10-09-18, 08:22 AM   #65
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazz View Post
So if a snake don't go to warm hide-box and stays under 20C at day and night it's ok ?
Yes. they don't just die when the temperature hits a certain level. It'll be fine. Also you sleep right? Work? Go to school? The snake can go onto it's heat spot and move back to where you think you left it while you're away.
Login to remove ads
Old 12-27-18, 12:08 PM   #66
kazz

Well.
I'd like to write update. I have placed snake's heat-pad on a branch. That's the only place she sleeps accept other branch a bit lower. She's doing fine.
Old 12-27-18, 06:58 PM   #67
ClockwerkBonnet

That's good to hear.
Her yawning is so cute!
Old 12-29-18, 07:56 PM   #68
kazz

You know I used to think snake so stupid they pee in their hide-boxes and caves.
But a couple minutes ago I noticed my snake lowered her tail from her nest to pee. I was shocked )
Perhaps it was first and last time she did it ) but I am impressed.
And she started pushing my hand when I touch her in her nest ) Not every time though. She definitely get used to touching by my hands.