border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-13, 07:13 AM   #46
CarissaREVV

Re: Serious problem with Jennifer

So checked on her this morning the bubbles are gone and her head looks a little better. i will up load a picture after work.
Old 04-16-13, 12:03 PM   #47
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

So when is the vet appointment?
Old 04-16-13, 12:06 PM   #48
CarissaREVV

Dont know yet.
Old 04-16-13, 12:13 PM   #49
Trollbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarissaREVV View Post
Dont know yet.
It doesn't take that long to look up reptile vets around you and call them up. I drive to a vet out of my area because my snakes are worth it.
Old 04-16-13, 12:26 PM   #50
CarissaREVV

so for a 15 min consult it is 100$. at that price i want to see if she will get better on her own the issue could have been from having a bad set up for her and since she has already improved slightly i want to see if she will continue to improve before i spend 100$ just to be told give her time to recover from how she use to be kept.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-16-13, 12:28 PM   #51
smy_749

Quote:
so for a 15 min consult it is 100$. at that price i want to see if she will get better on her own the issue could have been from having a bad set up for her and since she has already improved slightly i want to see if she will continue to improve before i spend 100$ just to be told give her time to recover from how she use to be kept.
You realize you may potentially get blasted for that right :-p
Old 04-16-13, 12:33 PM   #52
MDT

Carissa...just gonna throw this out there. Good medicine isn't cheap and cheap medicine isn't good. I know $100 is a lot, but you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to gamble. Only you know what your threshold is....meanwhile your snake may be paying the price.
Old 04-16-13, 12:39 PM   #53
CarissaREVV

yes I realise that but i am not on here to lie, i dont even take my self to see a doctor until i am practicaly dead. If she is improving then it is a great chance that fixing her housing issues is making her better she spent 12 hours in better conditions when this all happend and now two days later she is starting to improve from her random deteriation, i can spend 100$ for 15 minand be told that she will do fine being left alone to recoperate or can wait to see if she continues to get better and save the money for when she gets sick again. if she gets worse then i will take her in. people can blast me all they want but it wont change anything. I am going to do what i always do when i get sick or something else gets sick i am going to wait for improvement before i get my panties in a twist.
Old 04-16-13, 12:41 PM   #54
Trollbie

Quote:
Call other vets. $100 seems a little outrageous. Maybe it's way different in your state, but usually reptile exams are around $40-65 from what I've heard. I would personally gladly live off of top ramen and taken the bus to work just so I could afford taking my kids (snakes) to the vet and making sure they're okay.
Old 04-16-13, 12:42 PM   #55
Trollbie

Quote:
yes I realise that but i am not on here to lie, i dont even take my self to see a doctor until i am practicaly dead. If she is improving then it is a great chance that fixing her housing issues is making her better she spent 12 hours in better conditions when this all happend and now two days later she is starting to improve from her random deteriation, i can spend 100$ for 15 minand be told that she will do fine being left alone to recoperate or can wait to see if she continues to get better and save the money for when she gets sick again. if she gets worse then i will take her in. people can blast me all they want but it wont change anything. I am going to do what i always do when i get sick or something else gets sick i am going to wait for improvement before i get my panties in a twist.
Then I sincerely hope and pray that your snake won't pay the ultimate price...
Old 04-16-13, 12:43 PM   #56
CarissaREVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDT View Post
Carissa...just gonna throw this out there. Good medicine isn't cheap and cheap medicine isn't good. I know $100 is a lot, but you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to gamble. Only you know what your threshold is....meanwhile your snake may be paying the price.
you are right 100$ is a lot to spend on a 30 pet store snake that i had already gotten in poor condition as is. i am hoping she gets better so i dont have to spend that type of money on her. but if push comes to shove and she doesnt keep improving then i will do something about it. as i said before i wouldnt spend that type of money on myself for medical care unless i was literally at deaths door step.
Old 04-16-13, 12:44 PM   #57
CarissaREVV

well she is getting better so she shouldnt be having to pay any price. i will see more tonight if by thursday she hasnt drastically improved then i will make an appt.
Old 04-16-13, 01:41 PM   #58
Ivanator

I agree that $100 is an outrageous amount just for a checkup. Mine only costs $40. I am like you and if I see improvement, I'm not in a rush to take them in unless it stars getting bad again. Just to be safe though, I would put neosporin on the wound everyday. I might get grilled for that, but whenever something happens to me, my dog or my snakes, I always put neosporin and nothing bad has happened to my snakes or dog yet from it.
1.0 '08 sunfire retic, 0.1 '12 lavender albino tiger retic, 1.0 '12 platinum retic, 0.1 '14 goldenchild het albino retic, 1.0 '16 anthrax retic, 0.1 '16 graniteback het anthrax retic, 0.1 '16 normal HOGS retic, 1.1 amel atrox, 0.0.1 Nile monitor, 0.0.1 blue tailed monitor, 0.0.1 Mexican beaded lizard
Old 04-16-13, 01:50 PM   #59
bcr229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollbie View Post
Call other vets. $100 seems a little outrageous. Maybe it's way different in your state, but usually reptile exams are around $40-65 from what I've heard.
OP lives in the greater Washington DC metro area, which is why I sent her the info on the local herp vets. I lived in that area for 20 years. $100 for a consult is about right, it's one of the most expensive parts of the country to live in.
Old 04-16-13, 01:53 PM   #60
jarich

Ya, that sounds about right. A consult is $90 here.
Closed Thread