border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > General Invertebrates Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-15, 08:24 PM   #46
eminart

Re: My eight legged friends, update topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSlaughter33 View Post
I will be buying a g.pulchra in the new year. it's decided
Welcome to the G. pulchra club!
“...the old ones ... knew in their bones... that death exists, that all life kills to eat, that all lives end, that energy goes on. They knew that humans are participants, not spectators.” -- Stephen Bodio, On the Edge of the Wild
Old 12-11-15, 03:33 AM   #47
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Pulchra's are cool still a shame turned out to be a male
Old 12-11-15, 09:04 AM   #48
eminart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
Pulchra's are cool still a shame turned out to be a male

Hoping to sex mine after the next molt. Fingers crossed for a female.
“...the old ones ... knew in their bones... that death exists, that all life kills to eat, that all lives end, that energy goes on. They knew that humans are participants, not spectators.” -- Stephen Bodio, On the Edge of the Wild
Old 12-11-15, 10:48 AM   #49
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Ooh here's another one hoping! i'm so glad i found some fellow spider lovers on here
Old 12-11-15, 12:23 PM   #50
ManSlaughter33

I don't think I am going to buy a sling or an unsexed one. I want a guaranteed female
I liked having a sling before and watching it grow, but honestly, it takes too long LOL
Old 12-11-15, 12:41 PM   #51
eminart

[QUOTE=ManSlaughter33;981058
I liked having a sling before and watching it grow, but honestly, it takes too long LOL[/QUOTE]

True, but you can get so many for so cheap!
Old 12-11-15, 01:11 PM   #52
ManSlaughter33

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminart View Post
True, but you can get so many for so cheap!
Don't do that to me :P
I'll get one adult female G.Pulchra and we will see about more later on. I was thinking of a Birdeater
Old 12-17-15, 05:07 AM   #53
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Ok so lets see, a little update on all of them. First of, Octa (G. Pulchripes) is just being Octa.. A huge eating Machine.. She would eat every day if i offered food every day. She now has a leg-span the size of my hand, and has a huge butt ( I think she's over 100 grams easily). And that's all there is to say really! Tried to take a decent picture but the sun on the window caused too much glare, so here's a picture i took a while back but did not share yet.

Shelob (G.Rosea) has refused her first meal with me yesterday, suspect she's going on a hiatus for a molt as she's looking a bit grimy. For the previous owner she wouldn't eat at all, once every 2 months at most. She has been eating weekly since she got here.. And her behavior also changed. Making it IMPOSSIBLE to take a decent picture. Extremely timid spider, while the previous owner said she was very easy to handle.. As soon as she spots me she darts off, and all i see is a butt sticking out of a hide.. very subtle Shelob.. So most pictures of her are taken from a distance, of buttocks shots. I think the previous owner kept her pretty cold, she was calmer before she got the chance to warm up (She also loves her hotspot)

So hereby a picture of Shelob before she spots me, and a picture After she spots me..

And then there's Aragog (B.Angustum), being awesome as always and honoring her name by living in a labyrinth! She eats like a maniac, and has been tunneling like crazy. She also remodels often, i see her hauling around cocohusk packed in web pretty often.

So when she first started the 'tunneling' she only dig out a small hole, First 2 pictures are archive pictures, just to show her advancing.

So at first, she had a small hole and always with her legs sticking out.

Then she started digging a slightly bigger hole, and you could see openings forming on the sides.

If you look at her tank now, you can see a massive opening on both sides. She has a small 'staircase' leading up and she races up there in mere seconds. Sometimes you can't see her at all, when she is in the middle of her labyrinth, but lately she prefers to sit elsewhere.

What a pretty tunnel,...!

And what's that!? The flash reveals Aragog's hideout!

Thanks for reading!
Old 12-17-15, 11:58 AM   #54
Salty Rob

That's awesome. Nice. Looking Ts
Old 12-17-15, 12:16 PM   #55
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

thanks mate
Old 12-17-15, 02:18 PM   #56
David VB

Some nice spiders, i love them too. Got 70-80 at the moment
Old 12-17-15, 10:51 PM   #57
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

that's a few too many for me
Old 12-18-15, 02:58 AM   #58
Salty Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by David VB View Post
Some nice spiders, i love them too. Got 70-80 at the moment
You a breeder? But that would be awesome to just have that many.
Old 12-18-15, 02:59 AM   #59
Salty Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
Ok so lets see, a little update on all of them. First of, Octa (G. Pulchripes) is just being Octa.. A huge eating Machine.. She would eat every day if i offered food every day. She now has a leg-span the size of my hand, and has a huge butt ( I think she's over 100 grams easily). And that's all there is to say really! Tried to take a decent picture but the sun on the window caused too much glare, so here's a picture i took a while back but did not share yet.

Shelob (G.Rosea) has refused her first meal with me yesterday, suspect she's going on a hiatus for a molt as she's looking a bit grimy. For the previous owner she wouldn't eat at all, once every 2 months at most. She has been eating weekly since she got here.. And her behavior also changed. Making it IMPOSSIBLE to take a decent picture. Extremely timid spider, while the previous owner said she was very easy to handle.. As soon as she spots me she darts off, and all i see is a butt sticking out of a hide.. very subtle Shelob.. So most pictures of her are taken from a distance, of buttocks shots. I think the previous owner kept her pretty cold, she was calmer before she got the chance to warm up (She also loves her hotspot)

So hereby a picture of Shelob before she spots me, and a picture After she spots me..

And then there's Aragog (B.Angustum), being awesome as always and honoring her name by living in a labyrinth! She eats like a maniac, and has been tunneling like crazy. She also remodels often, i see her hauling around cocohusk packed in web pretty often.

So when she first started the 'tunneling' she only dig out a small hole, First 2 pictures are archive pictures, just to show her advancing.

So at first, she had a small hole and always with her legs sticking out.

Then she started digging a slightly bigger hole, and you could see openings forming on the sides.

If you look at her tank now, you can see a massive opening on both sides. She has a small 'staircase' leading up and she races up there in mere seconds. Sometimes you can't see her at all, when she is in the middle of her labyrinth, but lately she prefers to sit elsewhere.

What a pretty tunnel,...!

And what's that!? The flash reveals Aragog's hideout!

Thanks for reading!
Nice Ts. And I liked the way you gave them a background and now story
Old 12-18-15, 03:55 AM   #60
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Thanks again Rob
Closed Thread