Closed Thread

Old 02-24-12, 05:51 PM   #31
CDN_Blood
Custos serpentium

Send a message via Yahoo to CDN_Blood
Re: Comparing Blue and Bubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime89 View Post
Did I say I didn't like em? No, I said they're not for me. I've said they're great looking numerous times. They're particularly stunning examples of the species, exactly what I would expect from Todd as he seems to keep nothing but the best.
Well thanks. After all the time I've been at this, I've learned what I like, and it's not that I keep the best, it's that I've been unbelievably lucky in my choices, nothing more. I know what floats my boat and I pursue it with all my heart, hence the animals that really do it for me, it just happens that they end-up being somewhat outstanding, or so I like to believe <covers ears so he can't hear any rebuttal to that statement and goes La-La-La to block-out any attempts to pass them-off as anything but lucky choices>
Old 02-24-12, 06:23 PM   #32
millertime89
Forum Moderator

lol Todd.
Another question for you. That blue head, is that typical of the species or is that something that's line bread to bring it out or just random occurance?
Old 02-24-12, 06:31 PM   #33
CDN_Blood
Custos serpentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime89 View Post
lol Todd.
Another question for you. That blue head, is that typical of the species or is that something that's line bread to bring it out or just random occurance?
A brong's head will change colour. This starts at about 2 1/2 years old and gets much more pronounced by about 3 1/2 years. It can change from it's usual colour (depending on the individual) from anything between slate, taupe, brown and absolute black. Keepers will notice that their tail changes with their head, usually. It's driven by a number of factors; heat/humidity/mood/food intake, etc.

I have pictures of Blue's head when it's beige, brown, grey and very-very black. They're not the only snake that can do this; I've had Boa constrictors that radically change colour as well as certain pythons, notably my Retic and Yellow Anaconda who's head colours would change very much for the same reasons/circumstances as the Bloods do.

I should add that there's no rhyme or reason to the change that I can see after all this time. I wish I could nail-it-down to a certain factor, but I cannot. It's just a thing, lol <insert cop-out here>
Old 02-24-12, 06:56 PM   #34
millertime89
Forum Moderator

huh, that's cool.
Old 02-25-12, 01:47 AM   #35
Caylan

Send a message via MSN to Caylan

My little nephry started her head colour changing at like 6 months old lol, but only just recently did she add a new colour to the palette, a sweet chrome dome! Still only seen it the once.... But wow I can't wait to see it again when she's bigger! My brongs are constently changing their head colours, but I've never had blue...(yet! hehe Ashe is getting older and darker all the time!) With Lucy sportin' chrome after she sheds, its brightest the first day, and slowly gets darker to normal... then sporatically through out the month she'll go chrome for a day and then go back to normal... thei are all different it seems, you may not think they are for you, but I bet you can find one that is... like the new species just discovered that I'm constantly trying to learn more about.. I don't think the states get my emails lol. Python Kyaiktiyo if you're interested in looking yourself, theres a thread on there as well, under the title new blood python species discovered(or something like that...) very interesting stuff! Or maybe its just me... Back to the thread at hand... I've always been very jealous of blue's head and over all body colour, kills me how modest Todd is about it lol. I think it's rare, I have never seen it before or any other pics like it... Blue is special! Bubby isn't typical either, not many yellow bloods like him floating around anymore... Lots of wannabe's, but nothing like him. Comparing bubby to blue is like comparing apples to oranges...
Login to remove ads
Old 02-25-12, 06:23 AM   #36
CDN_Blood
Custos serpentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caylan View Post
...I've always been very jealous of blue's head and over all body colour, kills me how modest Todd is about it lol. I think it's rare, I have never seen it before or any other pics like it... Blue is special! Bubby isn't typical either, not many yellow bloods like him floating around anymore... Lots of wannabe's, but nothing like him. Comparing bubby to blue is like comparing apples to oranges...
Well it is luck, lol. Oh sure, I did choose them as hatchlings and saw their potential, but you know as well as I do that a baby brong changes radically as it matures, so it's a real crap-shoot when you pick one. I just got lucky that Blue matured into what I hoped he would, and that Bubbles is maturing into what I hope he would also, but it could have gone either way with them both
Old 02-26-12, 05:04 PM   #37
SerpentLust

Send a message via Skype™ to SerpentLust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Blood View Post
SerpentLust - I figured you'd pick-up on that eye thing, lol.
Haha of course I would. It's my favourite part of bloods, they're so easily read if you know what to read.

And had I have been following this thread more closely I would have put up the long winded aggression vs. insecurity thing, but you did a good job of it haha So I'll just let it slide
Old 02-27-12, 05:00 PM   #38
marvelfreak
Captain America

Todd they both look amazing as always. On the heads changing color have you ever notice how with their moods it can change?
Old 02-27-12, 05:12 PM   #39
CDN_Blood
Custos serpentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfreak View Post
Todd they both look amazing as always. On the heads changing color have you ever notice how with their moods it can change?
Well thanks

I can't make any correlation like that with Blue 'cause he's always pretty good, but once it starts to change more with Bubbles I'll probably be able to tell you for sure - he's a tad more moody, but he's not old enough to display the really dark colours yet
Old 02-27-12, 05:51 PM   #40
marvelfreak
Captain America

With my Borneo it's real noticeable. With the Bloods i only notice a slight color change in Reaper when he gets excited. He head gets a tad darker. Can't wait till they get bigger.
Old 02-27-12, 05:53 PM   #41
Skumbo

aw man now i want a really red blood python!
Old 02-27-12, 06:05 PM   #42
CDN_Blood
Custos serpentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfreak View Post
With my Borneo it's real noticeable. With the Bloods i only notice a slight color change in Reaper when he gets excited. He head gets a tad darker. Can't wait till they get bigger.
Neat! My Borneo doesn't change at all
Old 02-27-12, 06:13 PM   #43
marvelfreak
Captain America

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Blood View Post
Neat! My Borneo doesn't change at all
When she smell food some times she does it. I'll try to get some pictures of her doing it next time.
Old 03-07-12, 08:41 PM   #44
CDN_Blood
Custos serpentium

The only thing that changes on my Borneo is her mood and her size, lol.
Old 03-11-12, 10:41 AM   #45
moshirimon

wow beautiful bloods man!! always loved bloods and always wanted an albino one. anyway they look super healthy and happy , awesome pics!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Tags
python brongersmai