border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-11, 10:00 PM   #31
scottyy

Re: retic mouth?

do u think i could clean it with hydrogen peroxide dilluted in water or something?
Old 03-12-11, 08:09 AM   #32
Jenn_06

no you need to go to the vet its infected and needs a few shoots.
Old 03-12-11, 09:30 AM   #33
Jendee

This thread has become frustrating, it seems to me like you cant afford to take your pet to the vet and I bet you don't. Exotics are expensive..there not just "ya, man I got a really big snake at home" Its a responsibility, if you cant afford to take care of it properly give it to someone who can.
Old 03-12-11, 10:02 AM   #34
scottyy

well... the vet is all backed up for watever reason and it might be another week before they have an open appointment for me. I just want to know if there is anything i can do to help her before the vet because the infection wont wait for the vet to be able to get her in. i wanted to take her today but that didnt happen. i honestly didnt think that the vet would be this booked especially sense this isnt something that i could have scheduled ahead of time because it just happened. i guess a lot more people have exotic pets than what i would have thought for my area.
Old 03-12-11, 10:19 AM   #35
Jendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyy View Post
i just called and set up an appointment for this saturday because it looks like its getting worse. this is the first time i have had to take an animal to the vet and i will say that its stupid how you have to pay for the examination as well as the treatment >.<

what happened to this appointment??
Login to remove ads
Old 03-12-11, 10:23 AM   #36
scottyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jendee View Post
what happened to this appointment??
well that vet was a very far drive unfortunately and then gas skyrocketed to almost 4 bucks a gallon. here at least. and my car needs some work done on it so its getting horrible gas mileage (but thats just my luck). the good news i found a closer vet thats not an hour and a half away.
Old 03-12-11, 11:12 AM   #37
Lankyrob
Non Carborundum Illegitimi

You need to get this animal seen by a vet NOW - not when gas prices go down or you get someone to fix your car. Unfortunately i agree with Jendee it seems you are looking for cheap shortcuts instead of doing what is required for the snake that YOU are responsible for. If you cant afford it then man up and rehome the snake with someone who can.
Old 03-12-11, 11:48 AM   #38
Jay
Bcc fanatic

that's just half of owning an exotic animal, careless on your behalf you should have thought of this cost before purchasing your snake. can you get a friend to drive you better figure something out before it gets worse

http://www.youtube.com/user/jayyboy16?feature=mhee
Old 03-12-11, 11:52 AM   #39
scottyy

i am not looking for a shortcut >.> just something i can do to help it heal so it dont get worse before i get to the vet. well this isnt something i planned my car just kinda broke and there isnt much i can do about it just like the vet being full. i knew i would have to go to the vet and i knew it wouldnt be cheap just didnt throw the car in the equation.
Old 03-12-11, 11:53 AM   #40
scottyy

yea maybe a friend could drive me i will ask. cuz the vet i found is not even a half an hour away its probably like 15 mins from where i live.
Login to remove ads
Old 03-12-11, 02:01 PM   #41
Lankyrob
Non Carborundum Illegitimi

Not sure how it works over there but there are very few vets that you can just walk into with no appointment, even emergencys you need to phone ahead and get permission to take the animal in.
Old 03-12-11, 02:12 PM   #42
scottyy

well i will call and ask if they take walk ins like that. i am not sure if they do but i sure hope so because i would be able to take her there monday because they are closed for today and tomorrow.
Old 03-12-11, 03:06 PM   #43
Jenn_06

you need to see if they do walk-ins or call other vets, go to monstersnakes.com and PM Harry he is a retic breeder and knows his stuff, he might can tell you what meds you need for your snake so you can tell the vet. if they dont know anything about snakes.
Old 03-12-11, 03:42 PM   #44
Reptile_Reptile
You can call me JR

EVERYBODY CALM THE **** DOWN. seriously this person obviously is having troubles get the **** off their back. seriously is this how you help people by demanding they do things. there is nobody out there for begginers saying if you dont have 500000000000000000000000000$ you cant own a snake cause this and this might happen. people get caught unaware. maybe you should be trying to find a deal for him instead of just making this person feel like ****. if i was a mod i would delete every single one of these comments. you guys disappoint me
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. -John Lennon
Old 03-12-11, 04:38 PM   #45
Jenn_06

im telling him where to go to get info, how are we going to help him find a deal? this is not walmart snake meds and vet visit dont go on sell.