border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-17, 07:36 AM   #31
Scubadiver59

Re: What is on your wishlist?

I said Carpet Python down below, and now I'm considering a Super Dwarf as well after looking at the morphs available.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Old 03-13-17, 03:45 PM   #32
Ebolling

White Lip Pythons , Purple Goldenchild Retic , Hypo Burm , Many different monitor species , and a dwarf caiman (sadly caiman are illegal without a permit in Virginia)
Old 03-13-17, 10:39 PM   #33
daisymaisy

My wish list....ooh this is fun because we have a reptile expo in town in a couple weeks! I want a thayeri, leonis, or gray banded king, okeetee corn snake (already have an amel and a tessera), African house snake, ball python (I don't have one yet!), western hognose and a sand boa.

I would love to set up some display snakes...I was lucky enough to get a CBB rough green snake who lives in a bioactive viv. So much fun to have a naturalist set up but they do take up more space. So I will have to add on to my wish list: a bigger house with a dedicated snake room and lots of space! Then I can have some nice good sized setups.
Old 03-14-17, 10:33 AM   #34
Magdalen

Welllllllllll, if I had more room, I think I'd like another sand boa. Such chill little snakes. And maybe a hognose again (from a better breeder ). And a female cape house snake to go with my male. I'm sure I'm forgetting others. OH! A rubber boa.
Old 04-19-17, 06:49 PM   #35
whistlepig

An old thread, but at the time I was perfectly content with my one snake. But this site does things to you. I'm still pretty content, but since spring started and I've been out searching for snakes, I've become obsessed with speckled kingsnakes. So much so that it is now on my wishlist, with one caveat. I have required myself to see one in the wild before I can get one. So it may yet be a while since I've been out looking nearly every day and still haven't seen one.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-19-17, 06:53 PM   #36
TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlepig View Post
An old thread, but at the time I was perfectly content with my one snake. But this site does things to you. I'm still pretty content, but since spring started and I've been out searching for snakes, I've become obsessed with speckled kingsnakes. So much so that it is now on my wishlist, with one caveat. I have required myself to see one in the wild before I can get one. So it may yet be a while since I've been out looking nearly every day and still haven't seen one.
Interesting, I'm on the lookout for a L.g. splendida which is pretty close to the floridana. This Sunday there's a reptile exhibition, hope I can find one Lovely animals, I very much like the getula species.
Old 04-19-17, 09:51 PM   #37
jjhill001

I'm indecisive so I'm gonna post a top three for each category.

Snake:

3. Just one of those Okeetee Corn Snakes or Everglade's Rat Snakes that when someone shows parents in the ad they put not for sale on. It may seem simple but to have one of the best of the absolute best version of a specific species of even a basic/commonly kept snake can honestly be more exciting than the weirdest morph/mutation.

2. Rubber Boa, kind of a weird snake you don't really see available anymore and when they are, quite frankly it's usually some random who just happens to have them. For those that don't know they are the northern relative of rosy boas and have some interesting care requirements. Don't know why I think they are cool, they are kind of ugly actually.

1. Emerald Tree Boa, for all of the reasons I think everyone would want them. Just not ready to take the leap yet.

Lizards:

3. Panther Chameleon, honestly really nothing stopping me from getting one of these other than room. I just think they are so freakin sweet looking. There are rarer or more interesting species of Chameleon but, eh, its just a flavor thing. I've got a special place in my heart for the little mini leaf chameleons though and it would be fun to get a breeding population together.

2. Fire Skinks, these used to be freaking everywhere in the market but as imports. Its a real shame that no one has ever bothered to figure out their captive breeding because I think if someone could figure that out they could set the market on them to kind of chase the tails of the BTS craze. I know they aren't as big or personable as a blue tongue skink but they have sharp colors and smaller housing requirements.

1. Water Monitor, the insanely tame water monitors over at NERD that are priced more like purebred dogs than anything. But also act like dogs in terms of handling. One of the most interesting things going on in the lizard community right now simply because that guy is blowing the walls of what people could expect out of a lizard.

Turtles:

2. Russian Tortoise, if you recognize a theme its that I like underappreciated species and none meets that definition in my list like the Russian Tortoise the resident "I'm dying at this Petsmart" of the group. Just like seeing them be taken care of properly and I think it'd be cool to have.

1. Eastern Box Turtle, basically illegal for me but I had one as a kid before then and it was awesome (unfortunately I was like 5 so care fell to my mom and she ended up rehoming it.)

Amphibians:

3. Spring Peepers, I kept these wild caught as a kid for years. I'd spend hours finding bugs for them to eat and then convincing my mom to go get crickets for them when it was winter. One of sort of kept animals I'm not too proud of (though they were healthy I understand why taking animals from the wild is bad now). I'm kind of surprised that these aren't kept more, they are hardier than any dart frog and have loads of personality.

2. Tiger Salamander/Fire Salamander, honestly just think these seem awesome. My house doesn't have a basement and the power goes out a bit too often for me to be comfortable keeping amphibians which is kind of depressing considering amphibians are where I cut my teeth as a young hobbyist. Never really had any salamander/newts outside of a firebelly newt so its always something I've wanted to try.

1. Colorado River Toad, cause BOOM that's a big ole toad.

Last edited by jjhill001; 04-19-17 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Added Turtles and Amphibians
Old 04-19-17, 11:09 PM   #38
dannybgoode

I'm pretty much done snake wise now. Sure there's a dozen or so I'd like to pad out the collection but none really that are bucket list except a true proven locality Boa constrictor and a Dominican mountain boa. I don't have room for the boa I don't think - couldn't do it justice but if a Dominican came along I'd be able to squeeze it in.

There's a few lizards I can think of but I don't really have time for more than one. That said I might get Julius a girlfriend...
0.1 B imperator, 1.0 M spilota harrisoni, 1.0 C hortulanus, 2.1 P reticulatus (Madu locality), 1.1 S amethystine, 1.1 L olivaceous, 1.0 C angulifer, 1.0 Z persicus, 0.1 P regius, 0.1 N natrix, 0.1 E climacophora, 1.0 P obsoletus, 0.1 L geluta nigrtia, 1.0 P catenifer sayi, 1.0 T lepidus
Old 04-20-17, 10:24 AM   #39
Scubadiver59

I made a few mentions, previously, about what I'd like, and they are the following:
1. Super Dwarf or Dwarf Retic Python
2. Carpet Python
3. Boa Constrictor

After those, I'll just be scouting for the odd Colubrid that catches my eye, something more colorful then my Corn or the Albino King I'm picking this weekend.

But you never know when the list will change...
Old 04-20-17, 09:30 PM   #40
regi375

Going to revise my wish list, lol. Currently I'm looking at getting a Water Snake or Kenyan Sand Boa breeding pair. I don't know why, but I'm really interested in semi-aquatic snakes. I've even looked at getting Tentacled Snakes. The little sand noodle I have has made me decide to attempt to breed them. I love all snakes, but I enjoy keeping some more than others.
Old 04-21-17, 06:19 AM   #41
Dmurphy95

Honestly the ones I would most certainly want if I had the room/money would be a Kingsnake, a Carpet Python and/or a Brazilian Rainbow Boa, and a Dumeril's Boa!

...If I had the room and money.
And my Parents were ok with more than two. X'D
Though right now, I love my two scaley housemates~ !
Old 04-21-17, 06:54 AM   #42
Tiny Boidae

The better question to ask is what's not on my wish list. I have quite a few species that I've been wanting as of lately, and what I plan to get when I move is a short tail and a female Baird's at least. I'm thinking about getting a leopard boa in addition to this, but that's not a guarantee. There's also a few lizards I'm interested in, but I don't know if I want to deal with the feeder colonies again. Those were painful.
Old 04-21-17, 08:03 AM   #43
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

I've decided that in the next decade Andy G and I will own some Boelen's. Much to chagrin of his wife.
Old 04-21-17, 08:04 AM   #44
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
I've decided that in the next decade Andy G and I will own some Boelen's. Much to chagrin of his wife.
She'll be fine. Hell she's okay with me getting a room full of pits so at least the boelens will be quiet.
Old 04-21-17, 08:07 AM   #45
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
She'll be fine. Hell she's okay with me getting a room full of pits so at least the boelens will be quiet.
I'll bring her wine and homemade apple pie!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread