Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-13, 08:45 PM   #31
sharthun

Re: What should the next addition be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick10 View Post
What are MBK's like. I have never had a king snake and obviously all snakes are diff. personality wise but do they have tendencies and such?
My MBK, Medusa is a sweetheart! Loves to get out of her enclosure. Climbs onto my hand and chills most of the time.

Steve
Old 10-08-13, 04:39 AM   #32
Terranaut
Morelia Enjoyus Maximus

Quote:
Carpets are cool but i think i may be looking for something a bit smaller. Plus if i had even something semi arboreal, that means a huge tank and i have to trick it out. I don't have *that* much money unfortunately.
One of the great things is that they display almost alk of the time. (Most anyway) so a taller viv is a showpiece not a hindrance. My breeder viv is 4x2x4. Not crazy huge or anything. Still sits out 2' from a wall, just taller.
Old 10-08-13, 05:18 AM   #33
Mikoh4792

Quote:
Carpets are cool but i think i may be looking for something a bit smaller. Plus if i had even something semi arboreal, that means a huge tank and i have to trick it out. I don't have *that* much money unfortunately.
There are small variations of jungle carpet pythons such as palmerstons, cowley beach,vandeventer that usually grow to 4-6ft.

And I find an arboreal set up to be much less work and money than a terrestrial setup. With a terrestrial setup you have to cover the floor with lots of things to make it a "display" cage. With an arboreal set up you just need a few branches or a perch(some people use chairs, ladders, pvc pipes..etc).
Closed Thread