border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-16, 03:00 PM   #31
Piggybuns

Re: Where do you get rodents from?

I'm not even going to quote "cameronlyt's" post to dignify a response to it, mostly because they only have 1 post on the whole forum which I find strange, but I'm going to back up everything bigsnakegirl785 just said about PerfectPrey because they are a FANTASTIC company to order from! And also chip in some opinions and notes myself!

People with complaints like theirs is why I quit working in retail, and call centers. :eyeroll: So I'mma say something here I don't get to say at work and enjoy it. B) (Guilty pleasures, lol)

1. They only ship Monday and Tuesday. Literally everything bigsnakegirl said. So the only way any one wouldn't know that, is if they simply did not read. I'm actually pretty sure this rule is for almost EVERY website, because I think RodenPro was the same for me. It's just better to ship out frozen orders at the beginning of the week; it's a safety net to be sure things STAY frozen in transit. :3

2. If I were 2 hours away from a facility like that, I'd be glad to pay $18 for an order. My shipping (personaly to me, I don't know about anyone else because it goes by distance!) is about $60, and that's cheaper to me than RodentPro, another reason I simply use PP over RP. That's just shipping; that's not also the cost of my rodents. I only have 2 snakes, so that's pretty steep; BUT their quality is...

3. ...absolutely great! While I had some dirt on my pinkies from RP, it was nothing I couldn't simply wash off, but everything from PP has been super clean, and... I don't know why this was a complaint, but all of the rodents I got from their packaging WERE the exact same size in consistency. None of my rodents are drastically larger or smaller than the rest; some may slightly fluctuate between leaner and fatter, but that's just nature. Animals are never 100% perfect, but it's nothing that would vex my snake's diet.

4. It's the owner's responsibility to ration out the snake's food to work and match with what a website says their shipping dates are. There are no ifs ands or buts about this. This is NOT the company's responsibility, or a valid reason to tarnish their reputation. If they only ship Mon and Tues (which they said they didn't see even tho bigsnakegirl and I are both aware of this fact because their website does in fact TELL them that despite their complaining they shouldn't put "false" information on their website) then you account FOR that when feeding day comes for your pets. Worse comes to worse, you could always just go to the pet store and get just even 1 mouse/rat for a snake to tide them over; even if it's too small. Something is better than nothing, snakes can go a long time without food anyway even if you didn't, AND it'd only be a week. Max. Anyway. So.... weird complaint.

All in all, PP is an awesome place to order from. I've never had to call in to complain about something, so I can't speak for their customer service, but if anyone else has, they can chime in.
Old 12-25-16, 05:40 PM   #32
bigsnakegirl785

Yup the shipping pretty standard, as you said it helps ensure the rodents remain frozen on delivery.

I usually buy from Big Cheese and they have a flat rate $29 shipping fee, and my PP order was just over $30 to buy food for 13 snakes. A few snakes will have enough to last a year, the others will only have food for a few months but I needed something before they shut down shipping. lol Didn't want my snakes to wait until sometime in January to eat when they'd already gone over a month without food (our fridge failed and we had to find someone to transport a chest freezer).

This is only my second time ordering from PP, and the other time I just bought a few rats, and the sizing is definitely really consistent. The first order smelled heavily of urine, but this order is much cleaner. There's really not much to complain about here tbqh.
Old 12-26-16, 09:50 PM   #33
macandchz

i buy one live one at a time from my local petco. i know it's a pain, is expensive, and so on but i can't raise anything in an apartment and have no freezer access. mac's worth it though!
Closed Thread