border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-13, 05:39 PM   #16
RyanReptile

Re: Serious problem with Jennifer

Mice are known for afflicting pretty severe bites maybe that's what did the damage on her head.
Old 04-14-13, 05:46 PM   #17
CarissaREVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankyrob View Post

Personally i think you are messing with this snake too much, give it the proper conditions (hot end should be low 90's not high 80's) and leave it alone for a while to acclimate to its enclosure. It knows when it needs to warm up and will move to the hot end, quite likely it does thsi when you arent around as it feels safer moving without being watched
I don't actually mess with any of my animals that much. I work all day come home and have to care for a husband so I hold the snakes for a few min on the weekend and that's about it. I was told before that high 80s were okay as long as they could get closer to the heat if they need to wich is why I have a log they can climb up in to get into that is about 95 half way up 98 at the very top.
Old 04-14-13, 05:47 PM   #18
CarissaREVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanReptile View Post
Mice are known for afflicting pretty severe bites maybe that's what did the damage on her head.
I don't leave my snakes alone for one second with the mice I watch them always I watched her skin crack open when she rubbed her head in the corner of the tub
Old 04-14-13, 06:11 PM   #19
CarissaREVV

New set up for the snakes I was told the tank was to big we are going to buy huts tomorrow both of the tanks hit 91 on the warm side and 85 on the cool side and the humidity is at 50-60
Old 04-14-13, 07:22 PM   #20
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

When's your vet appointment?
Login to remove ads
Old 04-14-13, 07:56 PM   #21
Ivanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanReptile View Post
I wouldn't worry about fuzzies inflicting any damage though since they're blind and pretty much helpless. I've never heard of fuzzies or pinkies ever hurting a snake even when left overnight unattended.

To the OP, I would refrain from ever touching her, even to soak, until she eats by herself a few times. Also, I can't really see the bubble in the head. Can you take a better picture? Snakes are pretty tough and if its a cut, it will heal after a few sheds but since you said there wasn't any blood, my best bet would be maybe an old shed that hasn't come off yet?
1.0 '08 sunfire retic, 0.1 '12 lavender albino tiger retic, 1.0 '12 platinum retic, 0.1 '14 goldenchild het albino retic, 1.0 '16 anthrax retic, 0.1 '16 graniteback het anthrax retic, 0.1 '16 normal HOGS retic, 1.1 amel atrox, 0.0.1 Nile monitor, 0.0.1 blue tailed monitor, 0.0.1 Mexican beaded lizard
Old 04-14-13, 08:04 PM   #22
CarissaREVV

If it is just old shed why is it pink like meat under neath. The pink that you see is the flesh that is under neither the skin.
Fuzzies don't even have teeth yet. The fluid bubbles are along the side of her body
Old 04-14-13, 09:07 PM   #23
Ivanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarissaREVV View Post
If it is just old shed why is it pink like meat under neath. The pink that you see is the flesh that is under neither the skin.
Fuzzies don't even have teeth yet. The fluid bubbles are along the side of her body
I see the mark now. I was looking right on top of the head. If its the actual flesh you're seeing in that pic, you definitely need to take her to the vet. Old sheds could cause some damage if just pulled off. It could actually pull the new scales underneath right off.
1.0 '08 sunfire retic, 0.1 '12 lavender albino tiger retic, 1.0 '12 platinum retic, 0.1 '14 goldenchild het albino retic, 1.0 '16 anthrax retic, 0.1 '16 graniteback het anthrax retic, 0.1 '16 normal HOGS retic, 1.1 amel atrox, 0.0.1 Nile monitor, 0.0.1 blue tailed monitor, 0.0.1 Mexican beaded lizard
Old 04-14-13, 10:05 PM   #24
bcr229

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarissaREVV View Post
I soaked her in warm water for about ten min because she was cold she hides from the heat side a lot.
If she's spending more time on the cold side than the hot side then your hot side temperature may still be too high for her liking.

When you soak her what temperature is the water? Anything that feels "comfortable" to us will be way too hot for her. I use a digital kitchen thermometer to check the water temp, start the soak at around 91*F, and end it when the water temp has dropped to 80*F.
Old 04-15-13, 03:48 AM   #25
CarissaREVV

The temp I soaked her at was luke warm.
Okay, I didn't see any shed on her when I put her in the tub.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-15-13, 04:18 AM   #26
ErikBush97
Banned

You should definitely go to the vet!
Old 04-15-13, 06:45 AM   #27
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

When is your vet appointment?
Old 04-15-13, 07:00 AM   #28
KBHicks2012

I would suggest finding a vet in the are that specializes in vets, I have been fortunate to find one that takes care of our local Houston Zoo and has helped me in the past. But that would be my first course of action.

Second, is your under tank heater setup on a thermostat or just plugged directly into the wall for constant power? If no thermostat is used with your UTH I would suggest getting one to regulate your heat at a constant set temp.
Old 04-15-13, 07:03 AM   #29
KBHicks2012

Oh an after looking at the pictures again, did you down grade to a ten gallon tank? I might bees judging size but if so, I would personally feel that they have out grown that and they are now in to small of an enclosure
Old 04-15-13, 07:13 AM   #30
Terranaut
Morelia Enjoyus Maximus

What kind of mulch is that? Not cedar or a blended mulch I hope.
Closed Thread