Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-12, 06:19 AM   #16
bushsnake
Banned

Re: New Sand Boa Help Please :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
Breed your own. Get a friend to breed some. Find a breeder. Rodentpro ships. Find someone who ships. Holy, you people don't like doing any leg work...
I do breed my own rodents.. whoopy
Old 10-10-12, 06:25 AM   #17
bushsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykee View Post
Hi, I just bought a new car and found out that the nearest gas station is 208 miles away. I'm an IDIOT!!!

Huh? You're weird.
And yes, I am.
I understand mykee....everyone i know breeds ball pythons and the guys from Chicago/Illinois are really killing it....
Old 10-10-12, 06:42 AM   #18
bushsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungirl View Post
If only beginners where here who would teach us the ways?

Mykee knows his stuff if you don't like how he typed out his info don't read it. If you can't get rodents don't get the snake. Simple as that.
Heres some of my resume

Acanthoscuria geniculata-second person in the US to breed this species
Chilobrachys fimbriatus-first person in the states to breed this species

The golden mantella-one of the first successful US breeder of these

Thamnophis sirtalis pickeringii -blue phase-i produced first successful litter of this species
Old 10-10-12, 06:46 AM   #19
mykee
Super Genius

If they're not ball pythons, corn snakes or the odd boa, it doesn't mean anything.
Old 10-10-12, 06:54 AM   #20
Gungirl
Diesel the pumpkin killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushsnake View Post
Heres some of my resume

Thamnophis sirtalis pickeringii -blue phase-i produced first successful litter of this species
I could careless about your "resume" If I did care I would have asked but clearly I didn't.
Old 10-10-12, 07:10 AM   #21
CK SandBoas
queen of the Chicken Dance

Send a message via Yahoo to CK SandBoas

Quote:
Heres some of my resume

I'm sorry, but i do not see you contributing anything useful for the OP in this thread. You seem to be more interested in one upping Mykee, or basically saying "my "resume" is bigger than yours"

If you truly wanted to help the op, you would have already offered advice to the op.

And to the OP, with any new acquisition, it is imperative not only to do the proper research, but to make sure you have the proper prey items in place before bringing home your new baby. Please take Mykee's advice to heart, he may be blunt, but he does have the animals best interests at heart, which should always be the priority.

Good luck with your new sand boa, they truly are a wonderful animal to work with, and own, and hopefully with a few adjustments on your part, your baby will grow and thrive in your care....
Old 10-10-12, 07:13 AM   #22
bushsnake
Banned

@kat youu ask me to show you the way....so i did
Old 10-10-12, 07:18 AM   #23
ZStone

You know this guy got on here complimenting you all saying how awesome you all are and how you rock and he clearly said he is a first time snake owner. how many people is told at expos and pet stores the wrong way to take care of animals. You need to be a little more understanding isnt it more important to let this guy know he has an understanding place to go and ask questions and not be made to feel bad. whats done is done he already has the snake. You all should be ashamed of yourselves this forum is to help people it isnt going to help him being to scared to ask questions and the snake suffering for it because of you all
Old 10-10-12, 07:22 AM   #24
bushsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKgal View Post
I'm sorry, but i do not see you contributing anything useful for the OP in this thread. You seem to be more interested in one upping Mykee, or basically saying "my "resume" is bigger than yours"

If you truly wanted to help the op, you would have already offered advice to the op.

And to the OP, with any new acquisition, it is imperative not only to do the proper research, but to make sure you have the proper prey items in place before bringing home your new baby. Please take Mykee's advice to heart, he may be blunt, but he does have the animals best interests at heart, which should always be the priority.

Good luck with your new sand boa, they truly are a wonderful animal to work with, and own, and hopefully with a few adjustments on your part, your baby will grow and thrive in your care....
That was for kat not mykee....being blunt is fine....being a jerk to someone asking for help is another but whatever...you guys enjoy yourselves...later
Old 10-10-12, 11:19 AM   #25
h3h

Sorry but the ignorance involved in that viv is bewildering.
Mykee +1

- h3
Login to remove ads
Old 10-10-12, 11:56 AM   #26
Will0W783
The Original Urban Legend

Send a message via AIM to Will0W783

Quote:
Originally posted by Mykee: If they're not ball pythons, corn snakes or the odd boa, it doesn't mean anything.
EXCUUUUSE ME????!!!!

You know, Mykee, I too understand that it's sometimes very hard to stay patient when us more seasoned folk see beginners making the same mistakes over and over....and I agree that you should have a plan in action for how to care for a new pet before bringing one home. I'm not going to argue that not having a source for food is inexcusable...I agree that it is.

However, to say that any snakes other than ball pythons, corn snakes, and boas mean nothing for your experience level, that's a pretty Da** Sh**** thing to say. Ball pythons are indeed some of the pickiest eaters I've ever run across, but I'd sure love to see you successfully keep a Malaysian Wagler's viper and tell me it doesn't mean anything. There are many different species of snakes, each with their own appeal and their own lessons to teach us keepers. Some of us like ball pythons, others like boas, still others like rarer species, or hots. Please watch what you say and be mindful of the others here who most times have your back...I'm generally easy-going these days, but that statement of yours ruffled my feathers.
Old 10-10-12, 03:28 PM   #27
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
EXCUUUUSE ME????!!!!

You know, Mykee, I too understand that it's sometimes very hard to stay patient when us more seasoned folk see beginners making the same mistakes over and over....and I agree that you should have a plan in action for how to care for a new pet before bringing one home. I'm not going to argue that not having a source for food is inexcusable...I agree that it is.

However, to say that any snakes other than ball pythons, corn snakes, and boas mean nothing for your experience level, that's a pretty Da** Sh**** thing to say. Ball pythons are indeed some of the pickiest eaters I've ever run across, but I'd sure love to see you successfully keep a Malaysian Wagler's viper and tell me it doesn't mean anything. There are many different species of snakes, each with their own appeal and their own lessons to teach us keepers. Some of us like ball pythons, others like boas, still others like rarer species, or hots. Please watch what you say and be mindful of the others here who most times have your back...I'm generally easy-going these days, but that statement of yours ruffled my feathers.
I honestly think you missed the tongue-in-cheek that Mykee's post was about.
Old 10-10-12, 03:31 PM   #28
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
....i too have a hard time getting feeder rodents... fyi..
So do you breed your own or have a hard time getting them?

You obviously like to say whatever it is to prove your point.

Also on your resume, pics or it didn't happen.
Old 10-10-12, 06:20 PM   #29
FlagonFly

Among all of this post and interesting information, I concur with ZStone the most.
Old 10-11-12, 12:12 AM   #30
Shadowsaurus

I did indeed do my research, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten him. Most sites I looked up told me the temp I had was correct along with various books I have read, and the breeder they did as well. Though I was skeptical, Which is why I came to the website for assistance, not for being told I was ignorant or an 'idiot' for doing so. I do not think you were too harsh mykee, as you are only looking out for the best interest of my animal, however I do find some of your words a bit rough and it sure makes me reluctant to ask here again for help :c. I was hoping for some gentle wisdom from people who are better at snakes than me considering it /is/ a beginners forum, and I am a beginner. However, I have taken your advice, and I have purchased a timed heater accordingly. I'm just worried that (since he is sitting on a glass dresser) that no matter what the under-tank heater may get too hot. but time will tell. I now mist his tank regularly, and I put his water dish on the warm side from some added humidity. I cover it with a towel on one side sometimes to retain some moisture(otherwise a piece of cardboard so the moisture doesn't escape). As for the food, he is happily eating frozen pinkies now in a separate tank. Apologies for pissing you all off when asking for some kind help. I'll wait until I'm an expert like all of you to post again. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Shadowsaurus; 10-11-12 at 12:26 AM..
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Tags
baby, boa, eating, indiana, sand