Closed Thread

Old 08-24-12, 07:03 PM   #16
snake man12
Banned

Re: Medusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaetlinv View Post
True. Poor things.

i did see one who was only put up because the owner was moving. Had very clear and detailed pictures - was a 4 foot male BP named Klaus - huge boy. This was before I'd gotten Romeo for my birthday that i saw his ad. I wanted to scoop him right up!

But I agree.... most are put on there because they're unwanted. it's a shame really. :/
They all say they are moving and can't take it with them.
Old 01-26-13, 03:25 PM   #17
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

I was thinking. At the rate of Medusa's growth, I'm starting to think about a more permanent cage for her. Looking at the Animal Plastics website, the AP T25 looks like it will be the cage of choice. I don't expect Medusa to get over 12' anyway and the other 2 are males so they won't top 14' either, if they get that big at all. Now the males are not in need of these cages anytime soon but Medusa is getting closer to outgrowing her 74qt tub she's currently in. I'm interested in opinions about the T25 and when should I start considering moving her into that cage? I know that Animal Plastics is backlogged in their rack production but I'm not sure if their backlog is the same with their terrestrial cages. Anyway, let me know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Medusa 6.jpg (25.8 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by exwizard; 01-26-13 at 03:41 PM..
Old 01-26-13, 03:35 PM   #18
nick654377

well i ordered my t10 from them dec 7th and still have yet to get any info on the build of it.
and a pretty big wish list......
Old 01-26-13, 03:38 PM   #19
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

So maybe I should call them Monday to get the ball rolling to allow as much time as possible for them to get this completed?
Old 01-26-13, 04:07 PM   #20
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankyrob View Post
A lot of it is from cross contamination with other snakes, we have always had a policy that if we visit somewhere with reptiles whether its a shop or a private house when we return home we strip and put all clothes in the washer and then we shower before going near our own reptiles.

May be slightly extreme but we have had no mites in two years
i do the exact same Rob...

as soon as i walk through my front door,i strip off,hand my wife my clothes,to put in the washing machine...

then i do a streak upstairs to the shower

you'd think i'd been exposed to some chemical agent,glad it's not just me that does this mate

cheers shaun
Old 01-27-13, 10:34 PM   #21
Necrias

I'm pretty good friends with Ap and their employees at this point, they use the same machine for terrestrials as they do racks, so progress is slowwwww... so expect 8-10 weeks for a T25. I ordered mine (3 of them) at the beginning of Dec and won't expect them for another 2 weeks. Also, I keep mine in 74 qt tubs until they hit 7 ft, then I order/move them up, so Medusa has plenty of time
Old 01-28-13, 10:19 AM   #22
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Ty Necrias. Your opinion means a lot to me. After taking everything into consideration, how long it takes AP to fill an order the likelihood of Medusa reaching 7' by April and the fact that I've been behind the curve before, I've decided on ordering this cage today. You're right. She does have plenty of time and I want to keep it that way because I don't expect to get this order filled until some time in April. I am pretty excited about this and when Poseidon and Tiny get bigger, they will each get a cage just like Medusa's. Once again ty for your reply and I will keep you all updated.
Old 01-28-13, 10:27 AM   #23
Loucifer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankyrob View Post
A lot of it is from cross contamination with other snakes, we have always had a policy that if we visit somewhere with reptiles whether its a shop or a private house when we return home we strip and put all clothes in the washer and then we shower before going near our own reptiles.

May be slightly extreme but we have had no mites in two years
Aaaaagh!!! I went to my first reptile expo yesterday and didn't even think of this! I had no contact with my snake, tho. Or any contact with the show animals, just looked (if that matters any...)*Makes mental note!!!*
Old 01-28-13, 04:09 PM   #24
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

The order has been placed and now begins the 8 week waiting process.
Old 02-06-13, 11:03 AM   #25
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Ok I measured her last night using a very rough method that I don't think is very accurate. I ran my hand end to end 10 times at 7 1/2" per length with about 3" left over. If that is accurate that places her size at about 78" or about 6' 6". Like I said, I'm not sure about the accuracy of this method but I will measure her using a string ASAP. Aaron you may be right about her eventual size and I say this now. She may outgrow the new AP cage she's getting in a couple of months very quickly after she's moved into it. If in fact it's apparent that this will happen, she will get a bigger cage.
Login to remove ads
Old 02-06-13, 09:02 PM   #26
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

A little update on that measurement is in order since I did so tonight using the string method which is much more accurate. Right now, she is 70" long or 5' 10" and weighs 7 lbs. She still could reach 7' by the time she gets into her new cage and her growth is noticeable each time I see her but it's not as dramatic as the measurement I got last time. Regardless, I will be happy with her no matter what size she ends up being.
Old 04-02-13, 02:38 PM   #27
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Over 6' long now and still the lapsnake. Life is good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Medusa Lapsnake 5.jpg (23.4 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Medusa Lapsnake 4.jpg (22.6 KB, 70 views)
Old 04-02-13, 06:01 PM   #28
nick654377

very jelly of her. the local store by me has a male normal not sure on the morph of burms. he is about 6-7 foot maybe 8 and i wish i had th room for him.
and a pretty big wish list......
Old 04-02-13, 06:12 PM   #29
Freebody
Veteran Member

Love the Burm, I hope you keep feeding us updates on her.
Old 04-02-13, 10:53 PM   #30
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebody View Post
Love the Burm, I hope you keep feeding us updates on her.
You know I will.

Right now, she is on XL rats every week and it won't be long until she passes Black Betty up in both length and weight. When that happens, she will be switched to rabbits or piglets.

Also her new cage is still in the works and I will keep you guys updated on that as well.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread