sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Heterodon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-12, 07:49 PM   #16
hylia
Formerly chloro

Re: Quetzal the Hoggie

He is so freakin' adorable! I wasen't expecting him to be so small in your hand. Thanks for sharing those pictures (and hope there are more to come...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skumbo View Post
Aw hes so cute! I really like the buried log idea.. my snake would love that.. do they make bigger ones?
I am not sure if it is the same brand as Mazzy's, but Zilla makes something very similar. There are three sizes, you can see them here: Zilla - Where Reptiles Rule » Bark Bends | Products | Decor
Old 03-01-12, 11:39 PM   #17
mazzy

jaleely: he has yet to refuse a meal, although his feeding response is essentially "wrap head around warmed-up pinky and swallow". At least there's no hesitation when he bumps into one in his feeding tank.

Skumbo: I actually got the idea from a YouTube video where the owner fashioned a homemade hide from 2 toilet paper tubes crossed in a 'T' and buried it under the substrate for his hoggie. I thought Quetzal would appreciate the firm plastic hide buried under the coconut husk so he could make a tunnel that would hold its shape better. And he loves it!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!
Old 03-02-12, 12:59 AM   #18
Skumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloro View Post
He is so freakin' adorable! I wasen't expecting him to be so small in your hand. Thanks for sharing those pictures (and hope there are more to come...)

I am not sure if it is the same brand as Mazzy's, but Zilla makes something very similar. There are three sizes, you can see them here: Zilla - Where Reptiles Rule » Bark Bends | Products | Decor
i think they have those at the pet store near me actually.. ill have to grab em, my milksnake loves burrowing and hed love a hide thats burrowed in like that.
Closed Thread

Tags
cute, hognose, mazzy, quetzal, snake