border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > New to the forum?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-11, 04:34 AM   #16
SnakeyJay
Boa Lover

Re: Hello from the South East of England

When I was using matts to hear my vivs all my temps fluctuate by a few degrees. With you having a corn snake you should be ok. Corns are hardy species n it comes to temp ranges etc.
Shotputtman-- Welcome and congrats on your corn
Old 12-30-11, 02:33 PM   #17
shotputtman

Hi

I have left Houdini alone for 2 days since setting him home and as suggested by the Pet Shop i have had him out and handled him.
Not sure who was more nervous me or the snake, its not im scared of the snake just the size of my fingers/hands in respect to him. My hands were shaking but we both soon settled.
Placed him in an empty Viv with his first Southend pinkie, watched him for about 4 mins then he went in for his meal, absolutely fantastic to see him eat and the kids were excited too.
Placed him back in his own viv after checking the bedding and changing the water and to my surprise he carried on slithering around like he has been all afternoon, i thought they lay rather dormant for a day or so after feeding.

As for the temp problem, i have monitored them and going by the snake its not a problem. He has been sleeping in the hide which sits across the end of the pad into the cool area and he seems happy.

Oh well thats my update today

Take care all
Old 12-30-11, 02:40 PM   #18
Kayla90

Send a message via Skype™ to Kayla90

Welcome to the forum

As for the slithering around.. it all depends on the individual personality.. I find my garter can be even more active after a meal... like perhaps he's looking around for more.. or just a position to get comfy in??
Old 12-30-11, 02:45 PM   #19
Swany
The Mad Scot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotputtman View Post
Hi

I have left Houdini alone for 2 days since setting him home and as suggested by the Pet Shop i have had him out and handled him.
Not sure who was more nervous me or the snake, its not im scared of the snake just the size of my fingers/hands in respect to him. My hands were shaking but we both soon settled.
Placed him in an empty Viv with his first Southend pinkie, watched him for about 4 mins then he went in for his meal, absolutely fantastic to see him eat and the kids were excited too.
Placed him back in his own viv after checking the bedding and changing the water and to my surprise he carried on slithering around like he has been all afternoon, i thought they lay rather dormant for a day or so after feeding.

As for the temp problem, i have monitored them and going by the snake its not a problem. He has been sleeping in the hide which sits across the end of the pad into the cool area and he seems happy.

Oh well thats my update today

Take care all
Excellent.we're both in the same boat, I'm new to this forum and snake keeping. I bought a 3 month old Royal python last week, she had her first feed here on wed, and shes been active since. Ain't it a buzz lol
Closed Thread

Tags
baby cornsnake, temperature, thermostat