Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-10, 09:25 PM   #16
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

Re: Opps I Did It Again! 2010 Diamonds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebody View Post
its not letting me see the site. are they the gold and black or white and black diamonds?
they are 100% diamond? all i ever see is diamond cross somthing around here.
Slideshow link to lots of REAL Diamond pics Mark

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

P.S. there are a bunch more pics in "subalbums" off of that one as well & all are "open" for anyone to view THX
Old 05-23-10, 11:26 PM   #17
Freebody
Veteran Member

oh nice they both worked good. nice pics
im really hoping i can get the cash together for this litter rather than one of you next ones, they are so rare, im very happy your in canada.
you said pair im assuming thats a breeding pair?
will you know what they will look like by the time they are ready to go? and how long is that? im not a big fan of the ones that are really black and want to avoid getting any like that but you got a pics of ones that are exactly like i want, pics # 76.77.78 they were 2 big a file to post here. that was left to right down your list. just amazing looking.
Old 05-23-10, 11:47 PM   #18
Freebody
Veteran Member

this is exactly what i want to get, but with all the color change they do over the first year or so like all morelia morphs i have read about. is there some tell tale signs for me in picking them out so i get a pair that is in my eyes just perfect. or a good site you like i can go read for myself. im going to try to answere my own questions,but i would like your input anyways.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 350px-Diamond_python.jpg (19.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg large_diamondback.jpg (20.1 KB, 32 views)
Old 05-24-10, 09:19 AM   #19
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

awsome slide show mate.never ceases to amaze me the colour change they go through in the first few months.

is that a coastal jag or a jungle/jag you had your diamond in with ?
i wish you well with your next clutch mate.
cheers shaun
Old 05-24-10, 01:28 PM   #20
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

THX folks!
Ya the pics with the non Diamond there are my Coastal Jaguar female with my dark Diamond male from when I "made" Diamond Jaguars in 2008.
As for the yellow ones, most all mine turn out that way as you can see from the pics.
All the ones in the pics are of my breeders or their offspring.
All 3 of my girls are sisters & all have that look as does one of my males.
I only have the one realy dark male.
A pair refers to 1.1 as in one male, one female 2010 babies.
They would have to be grown up, tried & proven before being called a breeding pair.
A breeding pair of Diamonds would cost plenty more LOL
One can only speculate on just how yellow they will actually get as they do not get that way until they are over a year of age.
You can see when they are just young though how they have lots of that washed out scales type look that should be right yellow when they get older.
You can't go too wrong with a Diamond Python THX Mark
Login to remove ads
Old 05-24-10, 02:46 PM   #21
Nafun

Damn you for being in Canada.
I've determined I can spend that much on a snake as long as I don't tell my wife!
Old 05-24-10, 03:42 PM   #22
Freebody
Veteran Member

ah kk i was thinking in my head a breeding pair as in male and female that would be ok to breed together 6-7 years down the road, i really dont know the first thing about breeding but i do want to do it one day. what better snake to pick than diamonds, cant go wrong with diamonds is exactly what i was thinking. i cant wait to see more pics as they get older.
Old 05-24-10, 04:19 PM   #23
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

Quote:
ah kk i was thinking in my head a breeding pair as in male and female that would be ok to breed together 6-7 years down the road, i really dont know the first thing about breeding but i do want to do it one day. what better snake to pick than diamonds, cant go wrong with diamonds is exactly what i was thinking. i cant wait to see more pics as they get older.
Girls are usually good to go by the time they are 4 or 5 YO & males as young as 2-3 YO.
I figured thats what you meant but though I had better clairify LOL Cheers Mark
Old 05-24-10, 04:38 PM   #24
Freebody
Veteran Member

oh really, oh thats sounds better i was just reading a breeding info page on diamonds and it said 7 years for females and 5 for males, i was thinking it was pretty old but i was thinking maybe it was just the strain or somthing. 4-5 years is what i always remeber hearing as well with the couple year younger males.
Old 05-24-10, 04:44 PM   #25
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

Quote:
oh really, oh thats sounds better i was just reading a breeding info page on diamonds and it said 7 years for females and 5 for males, i was thinking it was pretty old but i was thinking maybe it was just the strain or somthing. 4-5 years is what i always remeber hearing as well with the couple year younger males.
Those figures would actually be more accurate when refering to wild specimens as they get far less to eat there afterall & grow much more slowly.
THX Mark
Login to remove ads
Old 06-24-10, 10:36 PM   #26
Freebody
Veteran Member

just wondering if you got a few recent pics of these little guys you would like to post? how old are they now couple months?
Old 06-25-10, 11:49 AM   #27
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

They are now a month old & most have just taken their first meals of live fuzzy mice these past few days.
They are not much to look at yet as they stay in their "ugly duckling" stage for approx the first year before they start to get nicer & nicer every shed.
I can try to grab some pics, but they are hard to get good ones of at this stage, plus they tend not to cooperate much with the crappy photographer either LOL THX Mark
Old 06-25-10, 12:27 PM   #28
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

diamond at 6 months

diamond at 20 months

diamonds imo are very slow growing snakes compaired to all other morelia ive worked with.very different in lots of ways from morelia.i only have a basking spot on 4 hours per day.winter cool down to 50f,55f for 4 months and only feed 6 months of the year.they are very good to work with and are truely fascinating and remarkable snakes.freebody in that 2nd picture of yours id say that was a diamond intergrade not a pure diamond.intergrades can be kept like normal carpets but if you keep a diamond too hot they tend to drop dead on you.imo they have to be cooled from their first year onwards so come time to brumate them they're used to the low temps.

sorry for the thread hijack mark.

cheers shaun
Old 06-25-10, 12:53 PM   #29
Freebody
Veteran Member

thx for the tip i was reading that some place else as well, i have been doing my homework in hopes to snage 2 of these bad boys before they are gone.I got a guy comeing over to check out and hopefully buy my old dirt bike i got sitting out back not ridden in a year, i figure 2 of these are better than an unused dirtbike under a tarp for a year collecting rust :P "got my fingers crossed he takes it im giving him a god enouph deal on it get my snake money Now!! lol. I have been trying to find examples of before and after pics in hopes that their is identifiying features to help pick 2 that will be very golden ie like jaguars if they are like a light redish brown/blonde looking they tend to turn more of a bright yellow after, or at least i read that a few places now and seen before and after pics and they do seem that way as well. thx for the 6 month to 20 month gives me a better idea of how much they change.i see lots of pics but only 1 or 2 of them growing, if you guys got any site for me to check up or pics of them aging for the first 2 years at differant intervals that would be very apreciated
Old 06-25-10, 04:15 PM   #30
Freebody
Veteran Member

so if those are most likley a intergrade is that why its so yellow and pure diamonds dont look like that?
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Tags
2010, diamonds, hatchlings