border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Lampropeltis

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-04, 04:17 PM   #16
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

Bad news folks, people in California have problems sexing snakes. "He" is a she. Major disappointment for breeding plans, but what can ya do. Maybe its a sign that I should just get a pair. Not too happy about it anyhow. She is one sweet snake though, Mark
Old 09-16-04, 04:44 PM   #17
Vanan

Send a message via MSN to Vanan
Sorry to hear Mark! But hey, at least you won't need to worry about your hets polluting pure greyband lines. Just produce em albinos!

psssst! Get 1.2 more!

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs" - C. Cornell
Old 09-16-04, 05:44 PM   #18
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

LOL ya Vanan, like I said maybe its a sign. Aquiring another 1.2 is easier said than done. Gotta find em in the US & then its whether they want to ship to Canada or not. I could probably get 1.2 right away, but they are like $300 USD each + quoted $120 USD shipping so that'd be just over a G USD DOH! We all know how the CDN market is for things too so thats a pretty big investment after already purchasing the small yearling "male" Double DOH! That & the fact that I have 4 unrelated double clutching breeder females already. I was thinking of making a bunch of unrelated hets in 2006, but now its maybe 1 clutch in 2007. Might try & get a single male & even that is $420 USD (incl S&H). We'll see I guess. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller to see what he has to say. I'm hoping for some $ back or maybe he can offer me a great deal on a male? Hopefully he has something better to say than just sorry anyhow. Ya pays yer money, yer takes yer chances! Mark
Old 09-16-04, 05:50 PM   #19
Vanan

Send a message via MSN to Vanan
A good deal on a male to pair yours up would be nice. Sucks when some Americans screw Canadians just cos they think we're too far away. No offense to the Good business people though.

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs" - C. Cornell
Old 09-16-04, 05:54 PM   #20
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

We'll see I guess, could just be an honest mistake. We have all got the wrong ones before at one point in time. Thats whats nice about hands on purchasing with probes right there first, Mark
Login to remove ads
Old 09-16-04, 07:22 PM   #21
Jeff_Favelle

Send a message via AIM to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via MSN to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff_Favelle
Cool pic man!! What COLOUR!

Sell me a female Woma then you'd have money. heh heh.........
Old 09-17-04, 06:52 AM   #22
bighillreptiles

Send a message via MSN to bighillreptiles Send a message via Yahoo to bighillreptiles
That sucks thay should give you a male for half price it was there f up not yours best of luck with them and rember have fun ,when you no longer have fun send them to me lol
Paul Van Hooser
Old 09-17-04, 08:50 AM   #23
vanderkm

That really is too bad for your plans Mark - hope the seller will do something, but like you say - happens quite often - not always easy to be sure.

good luck getting it sorted out - one clutch of hets will still put you ahead of anyone else around on this project,

mary v.