border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > Personal Websites!!!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-18, 02:20 PM   #16
Scubadiver59

Re: Working on a website - looking for input

Website looks good for a start...not too flashy, no ads, etc. Thumbs up from me!
Old 11-21-18, 03:24 PM   #17
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadiver59 View Post
Website looks good for a start...not too flashy, no ads, etc. Thumbs up from me!
Thank you! I've still got more to add, and I'm sure I'll think of more as I go.
Old 11-21-18, 09:23 PM   #18
ClockwerkBonnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Better? Worse?
It's not my personal favorite, but if you want it to look like that, I'll accept it.
Old 11-21-18, 10:47 PM   #19
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwerkBonnet View Post
It's not my personal favorite, but if you want it to look like that, I'll accept it.
Well what's your reasoning? This is new to me, so I want as much feedback/criticism as I can get. Is it
less easy to use? A bad look?
Old 11-22-18, 12:01 AM   #20
Boz

I'm new to this forum and to the reptile world in general, so I am no expert. I think your site is off to a great start, the pictures are great. The only comment I have is your blog post's font is a bit smaller than I would like. Also wondering if you will be planning on using videos from your herping adventures?
Login to remove ads
Old 11-22-18, 08:59 AM   #21
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
I'm new to this forum and to the reptile world in general, so I am no expert. I think your site is off to a great start, the pictures are great. The only comment I have is your blog post's font is a bit smaller than I would like. Also wondering if you will be planning on using videos from your herping adventures?
Thank you for your input!

For the font, I will increase the size. I had actually thought about that and debated with myself on whether it was too small or not.

For the videos: I have thought about it. Since starting the site, several people have asked me about that, so it's on my mind. The reason I had never done it before is because of how much time it can take shoot a decent video of a wild animal, and then go back and edit all of the different clips and put together something decent. And also, it cuts into more of my time of actual herping (if I'm trying to get some good video, on top of already trying to get some good photos, then I'm covering less ground, and finding less things). I occasionally post very short video clips on my instagram, such as me releasing a snake. They do generally get more attention than photos, now that I think about it.

I'm thinking I may give it a try and see how it goes. Maybe it won't be as bad as I'm thinking it will be. Again, thank you for the input. It's much appreciated!
Old 11-22-18, 02:58 PM   #22
ClockwerkBonnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Well what's your reasoning? This is new to me, so I want as much feedback/criticism as I can get. Is it
less easy to use? A bad look?
It looks just fine, really. The sudden change of the home page design just took me by surprise.
Old 11-23-18, 10:55 AM   #23
Bandit

I understand. Thank you again for all the input. I'll be adding a few more photos soon. I'm thinking that once I get the photos off of my external hard drive (which is being problematic right now) I may create separate pages for snake photos, lizard photos, etc.

I'll also be adding a new blog post this weekend, probably Sunday, regarding my trip to the Everglades from this past Spring. Saw some really cool herps down there, and I'll be including some photos.
Old 11-25-18, 12:14 PM   #24
Bandit

Also, for anyone who is interested, I just added a blog post regarding my trip to the Everglades/South Florida earlier this year. It was an awesome experience, and I figured other enthusiasts would enjoy reading about it.
Old 11-25-18, 05:14 PM   #25
ClockwerkBonnet

That was a pretty interesting story. It meandered just a little bit, but I liked it.
Login to remove ads
Old 11-26-18, 09:09 AM   #26
Bandit

Glad you liked it. And thank you for taking the time to read it.
Old 11-28-18, 10:41 PM   #27
Boz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwerkBonnet View Post
That was a pretty interesting story. It meandered just a little bit, but I liked it.
I agree, nice blog and good pictures.
Old 11-29-18, 10:26 AM   #28
Bandit

Thanks Boz. Glad you enjoyed.

Anyone have suggestions for specific topics that you'd be interested in reading about? Just trying to get a feel for what people are interested in reading about. If course I will be talking about individual outings as they happen, but since its cooler, that will be a little slow for the next couple of months (although not non-existent).
Old 12-04-18, 04:08 PM   #29
Bandit

I finally was able to get out and so some proper herping over the weekend, which also means I finally got to make a current herping post, rather than just reminiscing about the past. That's sort of what I was going for with the blog. I'll hopefully be able to get out enough throughout the winter to keep the posts coming with some regularity.
Old 12-04-18, 06:40 PM   #30
ClockwerkBonnet

"Love bites" is the weirdest word combination I have ever heard to date. I can certainly understand the meaning, and you don't have to change it; it's just my opinion.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread