Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-17, 08:48 PM   #16
GyGbeetle

Send a message via Yahoo to GyGbeetle
Re: Do you talk to your animals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdalen View Post
OOooh yeah I talk to them all the time. Tho I'm usually yelling at the cats to stop being a**holes, the kitten especially. Some times the rabbit too, but he usually runs away in gleeful joy when I catch him being bad. He does not care that he was bad or that I caught him haha.
The reptiles I usually tell them how cute they are, especially my cape house snake since he's soooo little and cute <3.
My horse is my therapist. I would not be sane without her.
How much does your therapist charge? My cat therapist, well, let's just say he's completely unprofessional and should have his license revoked.

But if anyone asks, I only have 1. The rest just showed up for the house party.
Old 04-19-17, 10:47 AM   #17
Magdalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyGbeetle View Post
How much does your therapist charge? My cat therapist, well, let's just say he's completely unprofessional and should have his license revoked.
Oy haha well I just sign my paychecks over to her hahah.... Not really, sort of. But she's worth it.

XD cats are always unprofessional hahaha
Old 04-19-17, 01:40 PM   #18
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

I tell mine to eat their good damn rats when I dangle them in front of them instead of waiting 45 seconds to strike. Or tell them to shut up when they hiss.

And I tell the boys "tips" on hooking up so I get eggs.
Old 08-06-17, 08:46 PM   #19
zasshiki10

I wish I have a parseltongue like the one in Harry Potter so I could literally have a conversation with snakes.
Old 08-10-17, 12:27 AM   #20
Louv44

Talking Re: Do you talk to your animals?

I talk to my animals I can't lie, and many times that works out better than talking to the wife, just saying" so if your crazy I guess most of us are
Login to remove ads
Old 08-10-17, 04:38 AM   #21
Scubadiver59

Just call me Dr. Do Little...

I tell them, "I'll clean your cage tomorrow!" Then, "it's late, I'll get to your cage tomorrow?" And then, "I promise, I'll clean your cage tomorrow!!"

But sometimes, tomorrow is farther off than it seems!

I'm just glad they're not monkeys and they can't throw their poop at me...though my Bull likes to smear his, Picasso-like, high on the glass!
Old 08-10-17, 09:09 PM   #22
StarFall

I talk to everything. My fish and their tanks, my plants, I've even talked to my snake and I don't even have one yet. "Just gotta sell 3 more dressers and I can afford a nice cage for you." "Just need to draw a hundred art commissions and I'll be able to get you." "Just a while longer.."
Old 08-13-17, 08:43 PM   #23
Doug 351

Now... We all know snakes are deaf!!!

Soooo....heck yeah, something is wrong with YOU if you don't talk to them!!! LOL!!! We all do it...if you don't, you really don't care enough, IMHO.
Old 08-14-17, 01:19 AM   #24
dave himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug 351 View Post

Soooo....heck yeah, something is wrong with YOU if you don't talk to them!!! LOL!!! We all do it...if you don't, you really don't care enough, IMHO.
I talk to my wife and she doesn't listen to me, so I may as well talk to the snakes
Old 08-14-17, 07:24 AM   #25
Scubadiver59

As I understand it, they pick up vibrations through their jawbones...there was a scuba communications system I was testing some time ago, that had a full-face mask for speaking, but there were no ear phones. Instead, it had a device that was placed at the temple and vibrated when someone else talked; that vibration was translated through the bones to the inner ear and you could hear voices just fine that way...rather ingenious!

Now, I know snakes don't have the capacity to understand, but if they could, they wouldn't need ears...just the underlying, internal structures--hammer, anvil, stirrup, and semi-circular canals--or some other structures, which I know they don't have, to process the vibrations. Makes one wonder what could've been...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug 351 View Post

Old 08-14-17, 02:20 PM   #26
Scubadiver59

Silly me...

"...Snakes lack an external ear, but they do have an internal ear, and they are capable of detecting low frequency sounds ranging from 100 to 700 hertz. (A young person with normal hearing can hear frequencies between approximately 20 and 20,000 hertz.) A snake’s inner ear also allows it to detect motion, static position and sound waves traveling through the ground."

Hmmm...100-700hZ...and the human voice is 300-3400hZ...maybe they can hear me, but like my exes, they just don't listen!

My mistake on the inner ear....though I haven't looked up their hearing structure yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadiver59 View Post
As I understand it, they pick up vibrations through their jawbones...there was a scuba communications system I was testing some time ago, that had a full-face mask for speaking, but there were no ear phones. Instead, it had a device that was placed at the temple and vibrated when someone else talked; that vibration was translated through the bones to the inner ear and you could hear voices just fine that way...rather ingenious!

Now, I know snakes don't have the capacity to understand, but if they could, they wouldn't need ears...just the underlying, internal structures--hammer, anvil, stirrup, and semi-circular canals--or some other structures, which I know they don't have, to process the vibrations. Makes one wonder what could've been...
Old 10-16-17, 05:21 PM   #27
Beanolar

If I had a snake, I'd say "hey snakey, get off the couch, or from behind the fridge, and go make me some pie!". It's the least he can do for all the free mouse fritters he gets.
Old 10-17-17, 08:14 PM   #28
Shauna0522

Send a message via MSN to Shauna0522 Send a message via Yahoo to Shauna0522

I talk to all my animals...horse, dogs and snake 1 BRB - Sapphire
Old 01-07-18, 05:25 AM   #29
messimark100

Do you talk to your animals?

is a very good cause for providing awareness among peoples
Old 01-11-18, 01:57 PM   #30
lonewolf1253

I think most everyone talks to their pets, no matter what they are and whether they can hear or not.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread