border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-17, 10:19 AM   #16
whistlepig

Re: New purchase - Liasis olivaceus (olive pythons)

Beautiful snake! Congrats.
Old 04-15-17, 10:35 AM   #17
dave himself

mate they are awesome, I'm not saying I'm jealous or anything. But between these and the scrubs your off my Christmas card list
Old 04-15-17, 11:09 AM   #18
dannybgoode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave himself View Post
mate they are awesome, I'm not saying I'm jealous or anything. But between these and the scrubs your off my Christmas card list
Can't be helped I'm afraid. Honestly with these, the scrubs and the Madu retic together with what I've already got I do think that's it for now - at least snake wise. Yes I'd love move but each set up costs me at least £250 just in electronics and I want to do each snake justice so big vivs.

Added to the fact I want to be sure even if I have say a job crisis I can still afford to feed everything.

And honestly there's not much that can top what I've got. Fill out the collection sure but stuff I really want?
0.1 B imperator, 1.0 M spilota harrisoni, 1.0 C hortulanus, 2.1 P reticulatus (Madu locality), 1.1 S amethystine, 1.1 L olivaceous, 1.0 C angulifer, 1.0 Z persicus, 0.1 P regius, 0.1 N natrix, 0.1 E climacophora, 1.0 P obsoletus, 0.1 L geluta nigrtia, 1.0 P catenifer sayi, 1.0 T lepidus
Old 04-15-17, 11:43 AM   #19
dave himself

I forgot about the Madu, I think I'll burn down your house now
Old 04-15-17, 11:44 AM   #20
dannybgoode

Quote:
I forgot about the Madu, I think I'll burn down your house now
Yes but you have Queen Daisy...
0.1 B imperator, 1.0 M spilota harrisoni, 1.0 C hortulanus, 2.1 P reticulatus (Madu locality), 1.1 S amethystine, 1.1 L olivaceous, 1.0 C angulifer, 1.0 Z persicus, 0.1 P regius, 0.1 N natrix, 0.1 E climacophora, 1.0 P obsoletus, 0.1 L geluta nigrtia, 1.0 P catenifer sayi, 1.0 T lepidus
Login to remove ads
Old 04-15-17, 11:51 AM   #21
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Looking good Danny! I'm really enjoying my Olive. I'm pretty sure you'll like them too. My male is pretty active and easy to handle but VERY food driven. I'm excited to watch our critters grow. Keep the pics flowing please.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 04-15-17, 11:59 AM   #22
dannybgoode

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
Looking good Danny! I'm really enjoying my Olive. I'm pretty sure you'll like them too. My male is pretty active and easy to handle but VERY food driven. I'm excited to watch our critters grow. Keep the pics flowing please.
Oh I will. Yeah feeding response will be interesting. Will be a contest between them and the scrubs as to who takes my hand off first!
Old 04-15-17, 12:46 PM   #23
richardhind

Great new pick ups you have there Danny
0.1 Common het Kahl BCI,,0.1 red pastel hypo het albino bci,0.1 kahl sunglow bci, 1.1 boa longicauda het "Zero",1.0 motley het kahl bci,0.1hypo img,1.0 hypo harlequin het vpi t+, 1.2 hypo 100%het albino and 100% het berry blood, 1.0 guyana bcc,1.0 hypo jungle het blood&het albino,1.0 albino motley0.1 sunglow motley,1.1 mandarinbelly leopard
Old 04-16-17, 12:51 AM   #24
dave himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybgoode View Post
Yes but you have Queen Daisy...
She doesn't hold a patch on these, but you're right Danny the old girl still has a certain charm. You're back on the Christmas card list
Old 04-19-17, 07:32 AM   #25
dannybgoode

Well safe to say there's nothing wrong with the feeding response on these guys! The girl is a little more timid and was more interested in trying to make me go away at first however the male was in there without hesitation.

Always good to get the first meal down!
Login to remove ads
Old 04-19-17, 08:08 AM   #26
dave himself

Always nice to get the first feed out of the way, good to hear they're eating for you
Old 04-19-17, 08:21 AM   #27
dannybgoode

Quote:
Always nice to get the first feed out of the way, good to hear they're eating for you
Trouble is unbeknownst to me the star on the male's tub isn't working and I need to swap it out which mean a disturbing him having just eaten, Trying to work out what's best to do...
Old 04-20-17, 10:24 AM   #28
dave himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybgoode View Post
Trouble is unbeknownst to me the star on the male's tub isn't working and I need to swap it out which mean a disturbing him having just eaten, Trying to work out what's best to do...
Without getting bit would be the best way
Old 04-20-17, 11:01 AM   #29
ttreptile1

Awesome snakes Danny. Congrats. I have a pair from Jeff Hartwig. They are hands down my favorite snakes. Gentle giants and super smart. If I could only have one snake it would be an olive.
Old 04-20-17, 11:10 AM   #30
dannybgoode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttreptile1 View Post
Awesome snakes Danny. Congrats. I have a pair from Jeff Hartwig. They are hands down my favorite snakes. Gentle giants and super smart. If I could only have one snake it would be an olive.
I've spoken to a few people who have owned or still own them and not one person has a bad word for them.

I think you'll agree that pictures just don't do them justice either. Such subtle beauty that's quite a surprise when you first see them in the flesh given they're essentially just green on the top and creamy white underneath.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread