border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Morelia Spilota

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-17, 08:15 PM   #16
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: Grrr, new carpet python not eating!!

Hey Shaun. It's good to see you pop in bud. Haven't seen you post in a while. If Strict is your mentor then that's a lesson well taught and well learned. You've given lots of solid advice to me and a lot of others here. It's great to have another knowledgeable Morelia member to go to. I've become addicted to the species.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 02-10-17, 03:24 AM   #17
StrictlyMorelia

Apologies ziggy for the using your thread as a social media platform.

I too Shaun have been off of the forums and have taken a bit of a break with the snakes.

I still have my diamond pair and one male albino carpet. I have the three boelens and three Emeralds and that is it these days. The crazy patterned diamond crosses I bred went to a guy I know called Leon and he has proven the look twice showing it to be related to the zebra mutation; in the same way that the ocelot is to the jaguar gene.

Hopefully my diamonds may pair this year. Last year the female laid what looked like a good clutch but they proved to not have been fertilised.

Maybe a few years down the line I may be able to attempt trying to breed the boelens
Old 02-11-17, 11:55 PM   #18
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Good news all. She ate a f/t rat fuzzy tonight. I scented it with a mouse but I don't know if it actually helped. She didn't take it from the tongs so I left it in the enclosure. A half hour later she slowly started eating. She even took it down tail first. Needless to say I was ecstatic! Let's see if we can keep it going next week. Thanks for all the well wishes.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 02-14-17, 08:24 AM   #19
phassin

Glad you got your girl to eat Zig!
Old 02-16-17, 12:21 PM   #20
StrictlyMorelia

That is good to hear. They usually do
Login to remove ads
Old 02-17-17, 10:07 AM   #21
SWDK

Glad she's ate for you. I know it's a feeling of relief when they finally come around.
2 Black Rats,2 Retics,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Black Milk,1 YT Cribo,1 Albino Garter,5 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
Old 02-19-17, 09:25 AM   #22
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Another rat fuzzy down the hatch last night! Maybe she's in the groove now.

Old 02-20-17, 11:30 AM   #23
SWDK

Two feedings in a row. Hope she'll keep it going now.
2 Black Rats,2 Retics,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Black Milk,1 YT Cribo,1 Albino Garter,5 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
Closed Thread