Closed Thread

Old 07-08-14, 02:36 PM   #16
marvelfreak
Captain America

Re: Help!!! Snake tattoo gone wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
Dan,

I'm pretty sure it'll be possible to highlight with white. It's just most likely going to take several sessions to lighten it and I think I might need to have it color now to blend it and lighten it. I had really wanted a nice greyscale piece. Oh well. There's nothing I can do about it now except hope the line work looks better once the scabs come off and discuss fixing it or going elsewhere.
Are you putting anything on it? If so it shouldn't have scab unless he was going to deep.
Old 07-08-14, 11:13 PM   #17
dshin963

Oh man.. Last session I got the crease on my elbow tattooed... Freaking scabbing sucked due to all the movement
Old 07-10-14, 07:10 AM   #18
Will0W783
The Original Urban Legend

Send a message via AIM to Will0W783

Isn't it supposed to peel and lighten?
Old 07-10-14, 07:33 AM   #19
SSSSnakes

Quote:
Isn't it supposed to peel and lighten?
Not all tats peel and it will lighten over time.
Old 07-10-14, 09:04 AM   #20
alessia55
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alessia55

None of mine have ever scabbed. I applied Aquaphor the first day or two, and then fragrance-free Lubriderm 2x a day and they all healed without scabbing.
Login to remove ads
Old 07-10-14, 12:11 PM   #21
charlesc84

Once it heals you should start going to tattoos parlors and seek out the best artist you can find, then get their opinions on what to do about this. Honestly, you should also start saving your money because fixing a big tattoo like that probably isn't going to be cheap either.
Old 07-10-14, 01:47 PM   #22
JinxtheBP

I think it looks nice, but I don't have any point of reference for your original vision! Could you share a picture of your sketches or the outline of what you actually wanted? I'm so sorry this is happening to you.
1.0.0 Butter Bee Ball Python (Babou)
Old 07-14-14, 12:25 PM   #23
Will0W783

Jinx, the linework is very shaky (thick in some spots, almost nonexistant in others), the heads of the snakes are too cluttered with detail for the size, and the eyes are all wrong.

I'm currently looking around for another shop to fix it. I have a few options, and tomorrow I'm going to talk to an artist who's done a lot of ink for famous bands. He's amazing!

Look up Shane Munce of Olde Media Tattoo.
Old 07-14-14, 01:53 PM   #24
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshin963 View Post
Oh man.. Last session I got the crease on my elbow tattooed... Freaking scabbing sucked due to all the movement
i use a babys nappy rash cream called bepanthan,it barely scabs when using it

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...70810081,d.ZGU

it used to be vasiline they reccomended but bepanthan is much better

cheers shaun
Old 07-14-14, 01:54 PM   #25
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

Quote:
Jinx, the linework is very shaky (thick in some spots, almost nonexistant in others), the heads of the snakes are too cluttered with detail for the size, and the eyes are all wrong.

I'm currently looking around for another shop to fix it. I have a few options, and tomorrow I'm going to talk to an artist who's done a lot of ink for famous bands. He's amazing!

Look up Shane Munce of Olde Media Tattoo.
i hope you get it all fixed pal

all the best,shaun
Old 07-14-14, 01:54 PM   #26
Moreau

In my opinion Shane Munce has a totally different style than what you have going on here with this tattoo. I think you need to keep looking. His stuff is hit and miss, he seems more worried about the celebrities he has tattooed.

Suggestion
Paul Acker (AMAZEBALLS!)

Last edited by Moreau; 07-14-14 at 02:08 PM..
Old 07-14-14, 02:07 PM   #27
polito

I would start looking around, and i would specifically look for artists who have experience in cover ups/finishing an unfinished tattoo. You may have to drive a decent amount but it will be worth it trust me.

I'm currently working on a sleeve with Josh Payne from Ascend Gallery in Cortland NY. I live in Toronto. Totally worth the long drive, and all the bullshit at the border.

I think Cortland only 3 or so hours away from phili so I would give his instagram and website a look. He has done some amazing cover ups, and he could also save this tattoo and turn it into something incredible.
Old 07-14-14, 04:14 PM   #28
Will0W783

Moreau,

I want to meet him and talk with him at least. Right now I'm collecting professional opinions and seeing who I feel like I "mesh" best with and who has the most interest and best ideas for working with it. The problem is that the style the tattoo is started in is not the style I wanted- it looks completely different from the sketch and stencil. I want it to be more realistic and detailed. If Shane doesn't seem interested, or I don't really like him after I meet him, there are other shops around here. A friend of mine has some of Shane's work and really liked him. Her tattoo is simple- it's a phrase in her father's handwriting across her ribs, but the linework is solid.
I am considering another artist as well. He is Douglas J. of High Rollers Tattoo in West Chester, PA. I have met him and talked with him already and he has some great ideas. He was also very friendly and very nice, talking with me for 30 minutes on the phone, and then taking time to look at my tattoo and discuss with me options for another half hour when I went to the shop. He has nothing but excellent reviews from Google and Yelp. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7153381&type=3

Another one I want to go talk to is Alex Periera of Grace Tattoo in Phoenixville. I have not met him yet, but he also has really nice work and great reviews.
Alex Pereira - Tattoo Artist | Grace Tattoo | Phoenixville PA
Old 07-14-14, 05:31 PM   #29
pet_snake_78

Look forward to seeing how this turns out, please post an update when you get it fixed!
Old 07-15-14, 04:25 PM   #30
Will0W783

Well, I found my artist.

I went to talk with Shane Munce today, and he's awesome. I talked with him on the phone first, and as soon as I mentioned that I work with vipers, he got excited. He's been keeping vipers since 1995 and has a similar passion for them. He knows the scientific names and different species, and has quite a collection himself.

I went in to the shop after I got off the phone, and he'd already had some things laid out. After looking at my tattoo, he said it honestly will not last in its current design. The small heads and even the larger viper head will bleed into solid blobs in 5-10 years as the lines settle and spread. He said if I'd really wanted that particular design it should have been twice the size it is.

What he wants to do, and I'm really pysched about, is take the brain as it is, blend the little heads out with shading and coloring. It will be a realistic, moist-looking brain with veins and texture and live color.
Then, to obscure the heavy outline and hide the edges, he will place a Sumatran Wagler's viper wrapped around the brain. The head will sit higher on my shoulder blade but still not poke out under a t-shirt or blouse. He can use the mottled pattern of the Wagler's to blend the current lines in.

He's confident that it will work this way, cover, and last for many decades. I feel completely comfortable after talking with him. He was so interested in the design that he spent an hour with me playing with various ideas on Photoshop and talking about snakes with me.

He also is looking for some new snakes, so I can possibly barter a snake or two towards the cost of my new tattoo! He knows all the snake vendors I work with and wants this tattoo to be something fabulous we'll both adore!

His instagram portfolio is mind-blowing too! He has a lot of wildlife designs up there (octopus, coral reef, cuttlefish, etc) that are incredible. He uses soft edges to create realism that doesn't bleed out.

I'm definitely settled and comfortable. Now it's just a matter of saving up and setting up my appointment!
Closed Thread