border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > General Invertebrates Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-15, 06:30 AM   #16
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Re: My eight legged friends, update topic.

Should be fine then, stubborn Roseas!
Old 11-09-15, 10:08 AM   #17
Akuma223

I love your décor! And also, what kind of cages are those?
Old 11-11-15, 04:03 AM   #18
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Thanks, they are glass tanks with polyester cast decoration in them.
Old 11-27-15, 08:27 AM   #19
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Little Update, Aragog (Rosea) is nothing like the previous owner described. Flighty and a bit bitey even! No hair flicking but she does bolt of, then turn around and shows her teeth in a what she probably sees as 'a threatening pose'.. I just think it looks like she's trying out for ballet class, wiggling her feet into the air like that. She's eating fine and seems very relaxed as long as you don't touch her, or her tank, or put a book on the shelf.. or look at her funky i suppose. Will try to get a picture of it, the time i tried to get a camera near her she immediately went for her hide.

Madame Octa (Pulchripes) is still her old self, eats ANYTHING she can get her teeth into. If any of the spiders don't want theirs, she'll take two no problems there. Ate a baby mouse the other day, and also ate a buffalo worm a while back both of which my cousin brought her. (He's a fan, his girlfriend won't let him have any) She's pretty calm, can still shove her out of the way with a paintbrush with a least amount of resistance.. Just hobbles over to whatever direction i push her in, she has once tried to eat the paintbrush though. Fairly quickly discovered it to be inedible. She is close to 7 inches wide, and acts like the perfect display spider (never hides, she doesn't even dig)

My Shelob on the other hand.. (B.Angustum) Is not as much of a display spider anymore, she has built an entire labyrinth in her substrate. Glad i gave her the tank with the most digging opportunity.. Can't see her at all anymore, but she does come out when it's dinner time. She buried all her decorations as well, but i guess she's happy so i'll just leave it as is. (Already had to tear down half of her construction once, as she buried the water-dish, placed it on top of a stone now) Here's some pictures of what the tank looks like now she's done with it.. no idea where she is, i sometimes catch a glimpse of black hairs through the glass on the side

!! pictures going to have to wait a minute, having issues with explorer.. keeps getting stuck have to restart but don't want to retype this
Old 11-27-15, 12:53 PM   #20
prairiepanda

Sounds like you've got a nice variety of personalities there! The flighty one, the teddy bear, and the pet hole; they kind of balance each other out :P Seems like G pulchripes are pretty much all like Madame Octa. Great species for educational purposes.
0.1 tangerine albino honduran milksnake /// 0.1 snow southern pinesnake /// 0.1 black pinesnake /// 1.0 "hypo" north Mexican pinesnake (jani) /// 1.0 cincuate pinesnake (lineaticollis) /// 1.1 red striped gargoyle geckos /// 0.1 kitty cat /// 2.6.12 tarantulas(assorted species)
Login to remove ads
Old 11-27-15, 07:19 PM   #21
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Yea i do and I'm really happy about it, 3 so different personalities. I didn't manage to fix my comp being annoying before work so no pictures yet, going to try adding them by phone in a minute but otherwise going to wait till morning as it is 2am for me.
Old 11-27-15, 07:24 PM   #22
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Wooo it worked first pic, see the 'entrance ' to the right. Second pic, leftside.. you can see the burrow is enclosure wide, as you can sometimes see her there but the only entrance is on the other side. Last pic, entrance as seen from inside. with some trip wires, touch them and she rushes out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151127_145951.jpg (25.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 20151127_145852.jpg (25.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 20151127_145726.jpg (25.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 12-04-15, 03:04 PM   #23
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Shelob got very cross with me today, tried to pick up her waterbowl and she came after me ... Got my camera and ofcourse she dove back into her labyrinth immediately.. Also Octa is insatiable, ate a cockroach today.. it seemed big but she overpowered it as if it was a speck of dust. Aragog is just being chill, always sit middle front until disturbed.. Then she runs away like a maniac .. and that's it, they don't really do much else!
Old 12-04-15, 05:01 PM   #24
Salty Rob

Awesome!!!😀
Old 12-04-15, 05:26 PM   #25
Klaire

It's cool to see something different once in a while on here, very beautiful spiders
Old 12-05-15, 04:19 AM   #26
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Thank you both
Old 12-07-15, 12:33 AM   #27
havoc_vulture

Awesome! I just took the plunge into tarantulas. Got myself a P. Metallica spiderling. I like your enclosures. I'm crossing my fingers I got a girl lol.
Old 12-07-15, 02:55 AM   #28
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Ooh very nice! Yea i'm done with the whole spiderling thing, it's cool to see them grow up and all but i rather buy a 'guaranteed' juvenile female. They're all around 4/5 years old now so i have plenty of time to enjoy them And unless i find a gorgeous adult B.Boehmi or B.Smithi/Annitha female, not buying any other spiders. Those species very hard to come by nowadays though. (All brachypelma's are a rare treat now they require cites, and i know there are breeders but i am not going to order one) Haven't seen one for sale on an expo or in a store in years..
Old 12-07-15, 03:29 AM   #29
Salty Rob

Nice ts. Wish I had a few more. I really want a p. metallica or an orange baboon.
Old 12-07-15, 05:34 AM   #30
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Well what's stopping you ?
Closed Thread