border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-04, 01:13 PM   #16
Matt_K

Harry Neale is a die hard Leafs fan, hence the reason he has shows on Leafs TV.. Bob Cole on the other hand.. He can't stand Toronto and doesn't want to see them win..

Air Canada Center.. Since the first game Toronto played in the ACC people have been knocking how quiet it is.. Unless you have actually been there for a game, you really don't understand how HORRIBLE the Live audio feed is from there.. I haven't personally been to a Playoff game there as of yet, however my Cousin was at game 2 against Ottawa and said he couldn't even hear his son talking to him and they were sitting side by side.. I have also heard Andy Frost (ACC Announcer) comment that the level of cheering and such is equal to or greater then Philly and Buffalo.. Unfortunatly you just can't tell because of the way the audio feed is set up.. It's too bad, cause i would really love to hear just how loud it is..

David: I agree 100% about Belak and the likes.. Game 3 and 4 Belak played 11+ minutes and they won both games.. Game 5, Belak played 7 minutes and wasn't even noticable out there.. Look for Karel Pilar to catch Primeau, Roenick and LeClair coming down the ice with their heads down.. Philly doesn't only have to worry about Marchment anymore!!! GO LEAFS GO
Old 05-04-04, 02:28 PM   #17
BoAddict

Send a message via MSN to BoAddict
The problem with the ACC is that the real fans that want to go cant because you have to sell your house to watch them play, and the people who are there are stuffy rich high society types that are there for social reasons not the game it self.

the toronto rock fans are rowdy as hell so why are the leaf fans not?

Mike
Old 05-04-04, 04:00 PM   #18
susan

Send a message via AIM to susan Send a message via Yahoo to susan
suprimeau
Old 05-04-04, 04:20 PM   #19
Matt_K

Quote:
Originally posted by BoAddict
The problem with the ACC is that the real fans that want to go cant because you have to sell your house to watch them play, and the people who are there are stuffy rich high society types that are there for social reasons not the game it self.

the toronto rock fans are rowdy as hell so why are the leaf fans not?

Mike
Not sure if you noticed, but last game in Toronto (4) behind BOTH benches were people ALL wearing Leaf Jerseys.. It's loud in there, there's no question. And i understand the Rock Fans are loud and rowdy, but you can barely hear them on TV aswell.
Old 05-04-04, 04:25 PM   #20
tHeGiNo

I guess that makes sense, not being able to hear the crowd that is. However, the fact still remains that they boo when the leafs have the puck sometimes, I don't get it?
Login to remove ads
Old 05-04-04, 08:32 PM   #21
BoAddict

hate to say it but how can a team that is on the verge of elimination come out so flat

the leafs didnt deserve to win , they didnt show up till the last 2 mins of the 2nd period
that hit tucker laid on kapanen was sure sweet tho , id be surprised if he's dressed for the first game of teh tampa series

tampa is gonna take out philly no doubt in my mind

this is who i think they need to get rid of for next year if there is a next year

kaberle,antropov,Quinn,berg,renberg

if colorado wins the series they will win the cup

Mike
Old 05-04-04, 08:33 PM   #22
Bartman

Send a message via ICQ to Bartman
....im so depressed
Old 05-04-04, 08:40 PM   #23
ilia

All I have to say is wow. What a game, Detroit losing doesn't feel that bad now. The hit by Tucker has to be the best hit in the playoffs maybe even the season. Kapanen looked like a newborn kitten.
Old 05-04-04, 08:41 PM   #24
Matt_K

Quote:
Originally posted by BoAddict

this is who i think they need to get rid of for next year if there is a next year

kaberle,antropov,Quinn,berg,renberg
Renbergs contract is up and won't be resigned.. Antropov will never be traded, i think he has some photos of Quinn or something.. Berg played well the whole playoffs, Kaberle should be taken off the Defence and put to Center or left wing.. He would make one hell of a forward. If they get rid of Kaberle, i will not watch them anymore.. All too often the Leafs trade away players that aren't 'up to par' and look what happens.. McCauley, Johnsson, Markov, Hendrikson, Mair and countless others..

Quinn HAS to come back, he's the best coach they have ever had.. They had a great season, it's unfortunate it had to come to an end on an odd man rush and missed highsticking call.. Notice Sundin bleeding at the end of the game like a stuck pig??

Tampa in 5..
Calgary in 6..
Old 05-04-04, 08:50 PM   #25
ilia

Tampa in 5
San Jose in 6
Old 05-04-04, 08:55 PM   #26
Big_V

Send a message via MSN to Big_V
Its amazing....the leafs just seem to never really want it until they are down and have to come scraping back. What a shot by Roenick though. I hate that guy but damn it was a clean goal.
In regards to who to get rid of Id say...Antropov "the human salami"....Renberg....and maybe Berg but he played decent. Its gonna be interesting to see what the Leafs will look like next year if they play. I say mix the young with the old next time and they do much better.
Flames in 6
Tampa in 5
Old 05-04-04, 09:06 PM   #27
Matt_K

Quote:
Originally posted by ilia
The hit by Tucker has to be the best hit in the playoffs maybe even the season. Kapanen looked like a newborn kitten.
Just finished watching Ken Hitchcock's press conference and he's calling the hit a 'head shot'.. From every angle i saw the hit, it looked clean.. Kapanen should know better then to come down the boards with his head down..

Quote:
Originally posted by Bartman
....im so depressed
I could have sworn you hated the Leafs a couple weeks ago.. Now they're your boys and you're depressed?? LOL, i knew you'd be back..
Old 05-04-04, 09:13 PM   #28
BoAddict

bahhhhhh

Quote:
Quinn HAS to come back, he's the best coach they have ever had
how can you say that dont you remember when burns was the coach? he was a far better coach tha quinn

remember the years when the leafs were in the west and it was the leafs and st.louis and leafs and detroit those were the burns years
Old 05-04-04, 09:17 PM   #29
Bartman

Send a message via ICQ to Bartman
Quote:
I could have sworn you hated the Leafs a couple weeks ago
Hey, i NEVER hate the leafs, i just get really really really upset with them...lol...and yell things
Old 05-04-04, 09:18 PM   #30
Matt_K

Yes, i remember 93.. But you have too look stats wise.. Leafs have had consecutive 90 pt seasons with Quinn.. Okay, maybe not the BEST.. But damn close.. I must admit, Burns was a hell of a coach for them too.. But record wise, i have to give the edge to Quinn.. Now if only Quinn would get off the Antropov Band Wagon.. Unfortunatly Francis retired tonight and no one even knew..
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread