Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Morelia Spilota

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-15, 01:35 AM   #16
Mikoh4792

Re: Hashtag, my zebra jungle carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbird
I got him from Nick Mutton of Inland Reptiles.
Love the pattern on that guy. Which pairing was he from?
Old 01-21-15, 03:15 AM   #17
D Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoh4792 View Post
From several breeders. Nick Mutton(inlandreptile), Chris Rindel(Headhunterreptiles). If you join a carpet python group on facebook you'll find many reputable breeders there with amazing animals.
Thank you bud, Ill check em out.

BTW Skullbird, Im originally from Tacoma, Wa. Go Hawks!
Anatolius - 1.0 Honduran Milk (Lampropeltis Triangulum Hondurensis) Valentina - 0.1 Sonoran Gopher (Pituophis Catenifer Affinis) Medusa - 0.1 Black-Tailed Rattlesnake (Crotalus Molossus Molossus) Bubba - 1.0 AZ Mountain King (Lampropeltis Pyromelana)
Old 01-21-15, 06:30 AM   #18
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Grade View Post
Wow what an incredible looking lil guy. Is this the same morph as the cover page contest winner? How is their temperament and care? How we'll do they accept food and how large do they get? I'm really considering getting one of these guys.
the picture contest winner is a pure Jungle = Morelia Spilota Cheynei

the Zebra Morph is a pure Jungle morph,so a Zebra can also be Morelia Spilota Cheynei

also there are a lot of Zebra crosses out there,for instance a friend of mine crossed a pure Zebra Jungle male with a pure Diamond female,he got some Zebras,some Diamond looking crosses,also 2 crazy patterned great looking snakes...

one of the crazy patterned ones now belongs to Dilema on here

cheers shaun

P.S. The book i would buy is...Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons,edited by Mike Swan,it's pretty much thought of as the Carpet Bible mate

you can get it sent straight to your house from Australia for a decent price,got mines for £50 ($75) direct to Scotland
Old 01-21-15, 01:44 PM   #19
D Grade

Thanks for clarification, Shaun. Although its still somewhat confusing to me. . All I know is that Im mainly a Colubrid guy but I really love that morph on that Jungle Zebra.
Anatolius - 1.0 Honduran Milk (Lampropeltis Triangulum Hondurensis) Valentina - 0.1 Sonoran Gopher (Pituophis Catenifer Affinis) Medusa - 0.1 Black-Tailed Rattlesnake (Crotalus Molossus Molossus) Bubba - 1.0 AZ Mountain King (Lampropeltis Pyromelana)
Old 01-22-15, 05:46 AM   #20
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

Quote:
Thanks for clarification, Shaun. Although its still somewhat confusing to me. . All I know is that Im mainly a Colubrid guy but I really love that morph on that Jungle Zebra.
the first Zebra Morph came from a Jungle x Jungle breeding mate

so it's a pure Jungle co dom mutation

only when a Zebra is crossed with a different type Carpet,does the hatchlings stop being pure Jungles

cheers shaun
Old 01-22-15, 11:01 AM   #21
skullbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoh4792 View Post
Love the pattern on that guy. Which pairing was he from?
He's from the 2014 Bradly Zebra clutch.
I got first pick of the male jungles when they got ready, and this guy stood out to me. I actually got to meet Hashtag's sire at a reptile expo, since Nick had brought him along! (I also got to see his Schuette male in person. Amazing snake. I plan on getting a female sired by that male this year.)

Quote:
I'm with you, man. Zebra is a really unique morph. It takes a lot of forms too! I've seen some zebras that were mostly black, some with straight bands all across their back, and some that almost look pixelated. It's really cool to see the variation.
Personally, i'm a huge biology/taxonomy nerd, so to me pure linages trump mixed-subspecies morphs. Nick Mutton tracks all of his linages, so you can see the whole family line, which is really valuable for snakes like jungle carpets. Carpets tend to hatch out dull, and grow brighter and better with age. If you know what the parents look like, you can get a good idea of the animal you'll end up with.
Old 01-22-15, 11:18 AM   #22
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

I'm really digging your zebra Skull. I'm SERIOUSLY considering one of those now.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 01-22-15, 01:29 PM   #23
D Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbird View Post
He's from the 2014 Bradly Zebra clutch.
I got first pick of the male jungles when they got ready, and this guy stood out to me. I actually got to meet Hashtag's sire at a reptile expo, since Nick had brought him along! (I also got to see his Schuette male in person. Amazing snake. I plan on getting a female sired by that male this year.)

I'm with you, man. Zebra is a really unique morph. It takes a lot of forms too! I've seen some zebras that were mostly black, some with straight bands all across their back, and some that almost look pixelated. It's really cool to see the variation.
Personally, i'm a huge biology/taxonomy nerd, so to me pure linages trump mixed-subspecies morphs. Nick Mutton tracks all of his linages, so you can see the whole family line, which is really valuable for snakes like jungle carpets. Carpets tend to hatch out dull, and grow brighter and better with age. If you know what the parents look like, you can get a good idea of the animal you'll end up with.
Thank you for the info, bud. I greatly appreciate it. It'll be a while before I get any type of Morelia Spilota but I definitely have my eyes set on this guy. Like I said, I'm mainly a Colubrid guy so I have a few more of those to obtain before I'll be able to get my hands on one of these guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
I'm really digging your zebra Skull. I'm SERIOUSLY considering one of those now.
I'm with you bud!
Closed Thread

Tags
hashtag, jungle carpet python