border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-02, 02:24 PM   #1
snakedude_03

anyone know who has pink/red arrowannas?

hey.. i have a friend that is looking for a small young little one.. any info on where i can get them for my friend would be appriciated
Login to remove ads
Old 05-22-02, 12:44 PM   #2
erik

Does your friend know they retail at about $3000 CDN? They can be bought at many exotic fish stores in the GTA.

Erik
Old 06-06-02, 06:23 PM   #3
Shane Tesser

pink/red arrowannas.

I do know one store that keeps several arrowannas in stock. Big al's aquarium warehouses. Check them on the web. I frequent the one in mississauga quite often, they have one really cool display tank with a young rainbow arrowanna currently set up. Above the tank they have a chart with what i would consider every possible common one available on the market, and there must be about thirty or so of them listed on the chart. I know that they will custom order just about anything, however your last responder was correct. Their expensive. s.t.
Old 06-16-02, 10:24 PM   #4
Shane Tesser

pink of red

Snake dude, i was at the aquarium warehouse today, they just so happened to have one. It was a red, about eight inches, absolutely beautiful, and or course exp, $2000.00. s.t.
Old 06-23-02, 01:07 PM   #5
memento

heh aro's are way to expensive IMO and they are not that great lookin.. i dont think so at least... but yes.. as people have said big al's stocks *alot* of them.. another place you can check is Dragon Aquarium... its right next door to the big als in mississauga in the asian plaza there... its wierd kinda a flower shop during the summer infront and the aquarium stuff is there as well.. heh during the summer i guess they sell flowers as well... they had a *ton* of arros in there last i was there.. but i think they where mostly just silvers... didnt notice any wierd lookin colours...

shane- they cant custom order anything :P i have tried be4 heh some stuff they cant get but ya they can get most stuff...

what do you think of the guys at the Big al's store? I find some of them to be rather arogant..

Login to remove ads
Old 06-23-02, 02:02 PM   #6
Shane Tesser

big al's

Hey Adam, i like it for two reasons, one is that it really is one stop shopping, i find for stuff like gravel, food, tanks themselves, its pretty cheap. If im doing a new set up, especailly if its for someone else, i usually start there as i know most of the fish are high quality. I live in Milton, my local store has about ten tanks, good quality stuff but no selection. I could probably piece a thirty five gallon together at that store, but it would cost about five hundred by the time im done, the just dont have the buying power. By custom orders, its really as to what a store can get. Big al's has their own farm, but sometimes i find its all up to the kid you talk to in the store, as to if he will put in the effort for a request for a custom, go there on a weekday and they usually will help you, thats when the full timers are working. I have to agree with the staff comment, but i find thats only a select few and that goes for anywhere you go these days. That place on the weekends is crazy, i think its a combination of the extreme heat and humidity in there, plus the bombardment of customers. Most of my fish i have bought from a little store called, well maybe formerly called "That Aquarium Place" Theyre in Burlington. I use to know the owner really well, but he sold about six or so months ago. The place has really changed, it looks like the same suppliers for the fish, but the tanks are not really clean anymore. And that im not cool with. Im sure a little algae never hurt anyone, but whats a few seconds to wipe the glass, what about the water changes, and cleaning the filter, most stores only use the sponge with the air stone trick, so if the glass isn't clean........
Closed Thread