border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-13, 12:36 PM   #1
Starbuck

Re: Vision cage?

For a corn snake, you will not need a UVB light (these arent harmful per-se, just unnecessary). Your thermometer should not be one of the cheap analog (zoomed style?) ones as these can be inaccurate and dont last long. additionally, you should invest in a thermostat if you will be using a heat pad.

i like using a temp gun (find at hardware store for about 25$) as i can measure temps throughout the cage very quickly.
for hides, especially while your snake is young, you can use things like macaroni boxes, egg cartons, etc, since he will grow out of them in a few months. then you only have to buy 'nice' hides when he is bigger.

I would look into the cost of these elements on amazon/something similar, and see if it would be cheaper to buy each item separately, since the vision package seems to be giving you some unnecessary items.

I just looked up the vision packages; i would go with the 211B instead. cheaper and less unnecessary stuff.

Congrats on your soon-to-be new snake, we look forward to seeing pictures!!
0.1 Jungle Carpet "Bhageera", 2.0 Corn snakes "Castor & Pollux", 1.1 Cal Kings "Lux & Nyx", 0.1 Honduran Milksnake "Demeter", 0.1 Rosy boa "Neki-monster", 1.0 Axolotl "Grendle", 2 tarantulas, 0.1 Leopard gecko "Remus", and a freezer full of mice (and Rats!)….
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Tags
cage, terrarium, vision