border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Thamnophis

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-12, 11:48 PM   #16
stormydawn2012

Re: ribbon snake lost for five months and found under my neighbors pool. she is not a

When i first bought her she was mean and bit me alot. When she bites me im used to it.
I havent been messing with her unless im looking at her eye nd mouth and she just relaxes on my leg.
Until shes had enough of bein held then she lets me know.
Old 05-26-12, 02:43 PM   #17
stormydawn2012

Re: ribbon snake lost for five months and found under my neighbors pool. she is not a

True, maybe she just needs timw to adjust to the whole living in tank thing again.
I've been watching her very close to monitor any changes in behvior.
Shes moving around ALOT more and is starting to want to be touched more instead of hiding or jumping when touched.
Old 05-26-12, 04:32 PM   #18
infernalis

Good news, thanks for the update.

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 06-11-12, 06:21 PM   #19
stormydawn2012

She past away today. She never once ate and was fine when i woke up but suddenly died while i was gone earlier.
Old 06-11-12, 08:54 PM   #20
SidewaysAt100

Sorry to hear that.
-One 10 Gallon fish tank
Login to remove ads
Old 06-12-12, 08:35 AM   #21
infernalis

My condolences.....

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 06-12-12, 07:37 PM   #22
stormydawn2012

Unhappy Re: ribbon snake lost for five months and found under my neighbors pool. she is not a

She died yesterday i think she may have just been older than the pet store told me
Old 06-12-12, 07:39 PM   #23
infernalis

I keep mostly garter snakes, so I know just how special they can be.

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 06-12-12, 07:43 PM   #24
stormydawn2012

Sorry about the double she died thing ha.
But ya after she died i examined her closely and noticed the lump on her side (that the pet store said was harmless when i bought her) was busted open and looked as if there may have beeb some type of mite infestation inside of her.
So, next week i am buying a corn snake and examining it before i even put money in their hands.
Old 06-12-12, 08:46 PM   #25
infernalis

If you ever want a nice captive born Garter with a known birthday, just let me know.

Savannahmonitor.net
Login to remove ads
Old 06-13-12, 02:16 PM   #26
stormydawn2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
If you ever want a nice captive born Garter with a known birthday, just let me know.

She was definitely special to me
I had her fr a year and handled her everyday up until someone let hr out then five months later i found her and tried to only handle her when i had to cause she was ill.
But she still loved it when the kids loved on her and she was my t cup chihuahuas best bud lol it was weird but my snake and my dog loved eachother, my dog would check on the snake all day long and whimpered when the snake ws no longer in the tank.
And i had a friend offer me a garter but he was unsure of the age and how healthy it ws so i backed out. Id love to have another small snake that could be handled by my lil sisters (ages 9 & 12) because they have a strong interest in snakes.
My brother has had his ball python for ten years now and they love her but shes too big for a child to handle. Lol
Old 06-19-12, 01:53 AM   #27
Reptilegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormydawn2012 View Post
Sorry about the double she died thing ha.
But ya after she died i examined her closely and noticed the lump on her side (that the pet store said was harmless when i bought her) was busted open and looked as if there may have beeb some type of mite infestation inside of her.
So, next week i am buying a corn snake and examining it before i even put money in their hands.
I pretty much HATE pet stores! They will basically say ANYTHING in order to make money!! When I got my first python (the one I currently have) I wanted a single frozen rat but they only sold in pack of 3 so she brought out a frozen guinea pig saying "it's the best food, this on is newborn and just died after birth" I said " I don't think I will get it as it probably had a disease" and she said "oh it's fine! It JUST came out of the womb, the healthiest thing it could come from!" I still refused and bought the rats instead. The guinea pig had fur all over it that was about 3cm long, Certainly NOT newborn!!!!!!! Oh, and they sold me reptile calcium (for all reptiles) insisting it needs about a tablespoon everyday!!!! I bought the stuff but I knew there is no way it needs it EVERY day! I will give him about a teaspoonful down a quails throat every 3 months. I know ppl say they don't need it but I just wanna take extra care of his bones considering he could get DPS. a little bit of extra calcium MAY not make a difference but it won't hurt. I could go on and on about the bull rap the pet stores told me, but I will leave it go, unless u ask me to tell
Old 06-19-12, 07:08 AM   #28
infernalis

Speaking of Calcium, how many pet stores have tried to tell people that urates were "excess calcium" "From the skeleton of the prey"

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 06-19-12, 07:27 AM   #29
KORBIN5895
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
Take this as me letting you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilegal View Post
I pretty much HATE pet stores! They will basically say ANYTHING in order to make money!! When I got my first python (the one I currently have) I wanted a single frozen rat but they only sold in pack of 3 so she brought out a frozen guinea pig saying "it's the best food, this on is newborn and just died after birth" I said " I don't think I will get it as it probably had a disease" and she said "oh it's fine! It JUST came out of the womb, the healthiest thing it could come from!" I still refused and bought the rats instead. The guinea pig had fur all over it that was about 3cm long, Certainly NOT newborn!!!!!!! Oh, and they sold me reptile calcium (for all reptiles) insisting it needs about a tablespoon everyday!!!! I bought the stuff but I knew there is no way it needs it EVERY day! I will give him about a teaspoonful down a quails throat every 3 months. I know ppl say they don't need it but I just wanna take extra care of his bones considering he could get DPS. a little bit of extra calcium MAY not make a difference but it won't hurt. I could go on and on about the bull rap the pet stores told me, but I will leave it go, unless u ask me to tell
Honestly Guinea pigs come out fully haired and ready to run. They can also eat solid food from day one. 3 cm is kinda small as a baby gp
i roughly 3 inches long at birth.
Closed Thread