border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > Personal Websites!!!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-09, 09:18 AM   #16
Will0W783
The Original Urban Legend

Send a message via AIM to Will0W783
Re: Carter's Critters

I can get some. I really need to take better pictures of a lot of them, and get the new ones up there. Arnold is a great little snake. He's a normal phase Western hognose. He's such a little turd- he has what I call "hissy fits" where, after he's eaten or is in shed, he'll just start hissing really loudly and insistently for hours....
I can reach right in and pick him up and he won't bite, and as soon as I touch him he stops hissing. It's just hilarious because he's like a foot long and thinks he's so bada$$.
I love hognoses- definitely recommend one!
Old 12-30-09, 07:23 AM   #17
marvelfreak
Captain America

Nice site! Best of luck to you . You have some really nice looking snakes. Can't wait to see some babies.
Old 12-30-09, 09:57 AM   #18
infernalis

Nice site! Best wishes and good luck.

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 12-30-09, 11:45 AM   #19
Squisher

I just got around to checking out your site and wanted to say that i was thoroughly entertained by your humoristic commentaries of your collection. I think that approach should attribute to better business practices and customer relations throughout. It lets people know your easy going. Congrats on the start of your own business. Maybe one day we can do business of our own as i'm looking into Carpets for a new addition once i move one of my Retics into some new digs. On a side note being that your a local, if you two ever want to come up and spend time with adult Retic since you cannot have one on your own we can arrange that!
Old 12-31-09, 11:40 AM   #20
Will0W783

Squisher, that would be awesome! I'd love to actually spend some time with a full-size 'tic. You are also more than welcome to come visit us and see my full collection any time. Only about half of the snakes are actually up on the website.
Old 12-31-09, 11:58 AM   #21
Squisher

That would be awesome as well as i've only read about half of what's out there. I make no claim that i know everything there is to know as it's been an ongoing educational process for me. You really only learn from experience so that's awesome of you to offer that. My big tic is calm enough to let people interact with him so i think you two would enjoy that. I posted a video link on the first page of this thread where you can get an idea on his disposition.
Old 01-01-10, 11:02 AM   #22
Will0W783

I know. I make no claims to be an expert either. The snakes keep me humble- every time I think I'm getting the hang of everything, one throws me a curveball, like an escaped hatchling or a URI erupting in a snake that never gave me problems before. It is an ongoing learning process, and you can never rest on your laurels. I've learned a lot from talking to others, finding out what works for my snakes, and of course making mistakes and seeing what doesn't work. I will have to watch your video. I love the giant pythons, and really hope to one day be able to get an albino burm, which I think are absoutely beautiful.
Old 01-24-10, 06:28 PM   #23
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

i really like your web site willow and wish you and your future husband all the best with your new buisness.
cheers shaun
Old 01-24-10, 07:02 PM   #24
Hillsberry

So would recommend you to anyone! Your so good with snakes! Cant wait to see what comes.
Old 01-24-10, 08:57 PM   #25
Will0W783

Thanks guys! *blushes*
I don't claim to know everything, or even most of everything, but I do my best with my snakes and hope that when I start breeding I can make buying snakes a pleasant experience for my customers. I think my Stimson's pythons might be gravid- I bought them in November and they were breeding before I got them, and continued to do so a few times with me. Just went off feed two weeks ago, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 01-25-10, 09:49 AM   #26
emseeKAY

Good luck Kim! i'm sure we'll see some pictures up if it all works out

“If I found in my own ranks that a certain number of guys wanted to cut my throat, I'd make sure that I cut their throats first.” - Pierre Elliott Trudeau
Old 01-25-10, 10:47 AM   #27
Will0W783

Oh definitely. Everyone is being fed tonight again, so we'll see. Homer can eat all he wants, but if Marge goes off feed reliably, with how plump she is, it's likely she's gravid. I hope, I hope, I hope. I really want to see some baby snakes being born- they will be so cute and it would be amazing to watch them hatch.

Tags
breeding, selling, website