border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > sSNAKESs.com Forums > sSNAKESs.com

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-05, 05:58 PM   #46
Tim and Julie B
Please Email Boots

Actually I used to own a 66 Carmen Ghia along time ago. Wish I still did . I used to be really in to VW's I backseated the car hobby now that I don't make anywhere near the $ I used to. I mean for god's sake I have owned a 65' AMC Rambler ( I decided I wanted a lowrider ) for three years and haven't touched it. 3 years ago it would have been done.
I got drive a Jetta a few months back they are a really nice car. I was surprised.
Old 03-19-05, 06:00 PM   #47
BOAS_N_PYTHONS

JEFF - WEBMASTER:

For years before they made the first I was reading up on the new Talons and Stealths in 87 and 88. Then more news came in 89 production was going to start in 90. I still have those old magazines with proto type looks where both were going to have the Ferrari Tessarossa side door cuts but less expensive looks.

Then once the 90s look came out I was happy but since it was new thought wait a year or 2 to see the kinks get out. Talons were my first choice due to price over the Stealth - (Talons at 19 - 29K and Stealth at 28 - 43K) made a huge difference in the wallet. The good thing on the wait was Talons had trouble with Turbos mostly in cold weather and the chip set was freaky for some.

So then in 92 picked up my Talon Tsi AWD, babied it for 4 years and 52 Km and went on with souping it up and raised the 192 hp to 265 hp, 2 Turbos fried but after I got things fine and smooth, mostly on HKS components, did not do much body wise but loved to creep up on the Fords and let them look at the rear lights for long stretchs. But my passion was to get a Stealth. Many came up here and there but price was high or I knew they would bust soon from heavy riders and so many Stealths were just killed in early years.

Then life and all its hassles strained the eye from looking to far in these machines but a deal came up and I could not walk from it. A buddy found 2 and a 300Z that as a group of friends wanted so bad. We jumped and had them in weeks and after a few years we don' t regret this day for 1 bit.

When it came it had a passenger door caved in but overall everything was still perfect and only 6 Km on it so how could I refuse that. With its 320 hp AWD and loaded that was the cream of the crop for me. Now at 410 hp, this machine keeps me rather civil on the road even though there are alot of wish happy lets drag now people out there it takes the big guns to even tease me enough to try. I got one with a 97 Viper who I want bad but think in long run will beat me. It ain' t stock no more but we both do the cruise together and people wait on the day we both rip the road.

Old 04-10-05, 03:10 PM   #48
awesometony

can i just say
i helped run a forum not so long ago
and not this type but admin could see who and why someone deleted posts or members for that matter
but this wasnt a vbull board so i cant be to sure
and if someone did pay for addy space before the new admin tuck over the board well it is not really right to blame the new owner
most of the boards ive worked for only let smods or admin delete ppl but every mod can delete or move posts in there parts of the forum to the bin or completly delete the post

but like i say this wasnt a vbull board
sorry if in some way this rocks the boat as this is only my 3 post and i dont know the history of the forum and the take over

CAN YOU NOT GIVE THE NEW ADMIN A CHANCE ??
thanks
Tony
Closed Thread