border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > General Colubrid Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-16, 01:00 AM   #1
doctorowl

Snake not eating, and mites!

I have a hatchling albino milksnake who has refused his last 2 feedings.

He also has mites, which I have just done a second treatment for. I know they can sometimes take a few treatments to get rid of. If I end up needing to do a third treatment I'm thinking of doing olive oil since I've heard of success with that (I have already done the spray, disinfecting tank + decorations, freezing litter, etc. etc...)

Both times he refused his food happened to be right after I cleaned his tank and bathed him. I feel kind of stupid since it's probably my own fault, I may have stressed him out. He does not like baths!! So maybe that's why he didn't want to eat. I should have timed it better, I honestly didn't think of it at the time. Poor little guy!

Should I try to feed him again ASAP or wait another week? He's missed 2 feedings so I don't think it's an emergency yet. But he is a little guy so I don't think he should go too long without food.

Also as a side note, he is still terrified of me, always shoots away and hides when I try to pick him up. He flails around a lot and pees on me, but usually calms down after a minute. Poor thing!! He must think I'm trying to kill him hahaha. He does not bite or hiss but I have seen some tail rattling. He also will NOT take food from me. He's too busy trying to run for his life. I have to leave him alone in a small tub with his food for 20 min... he eats very slowly and politely :P
Login to remove ads

Tags
feeding, milksnake, mites, not eating