border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-16, 11:26 AM   #1
LespaceSerpent

Unhappy Sudden humidity problems?

So I am in a mess right now.

My BP is currently in a 10 gallon glass terraroum. I use critter crumble coconut bedding, have a large water dish over the uth, a couple hides, and a wooden branch with some fake vines for extra cover. I've got a 60w CHE and the top is layered with duct tape (with open areas for ventilation of course) to keep in heat and humidity. Ever since I got it set up properly I've never had any humidity issues

I went on vacation and the day before I left my BP decided it was time to shed. I had a friend willing to come and mist him while I was gone and he was doing well. But a couple days before I came back his lamp shorted out. The bulbs fine and I had my friend move the cage a bit to try and give him heat until I could come back. I get home, put his cage back in my room, and get a new lamp so that everything is set up the way it was before I left with the exception of I added another hide to give him something new to mess with.

But now all of a sudden I can't keep to humidity above about 40%. I put in a humid hide until I can fix this but I have no idea whe it's suddenly not keeping in moisture
Login to remove ads

Tags
humidity, humidity control, questions, tank help