sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-16, 12:08 PM   #1
Jocarp

BRB Experience & Enclosure

Hi everyone,
So I'm planning on getting another Brazilian Rainbow Boa in the future and wanted to ask your all's input, and I'm looking for more detail than just what the care sheets show. Such as, does your BRB like to climb at all, does yours like to swim, etc? What are their quirks that you see basically? I had one when I was younger and now that I'm in a position I can get one and make it a "palace". I want to make sure I have everything perfect!

The reason I want to know their "quirks" is that I am going to build or convert a piece of furniture to be the enclosure. To give an idea, I have attached what I'm building for my chameleon (where the armoire started, to where it is now, almost complete). I want to know what you all see yours doing/enjoying so I can find the correct piece of furniture to convert and build it to suit this snake specifically. It took almost a year to find the armoire that I converted for my panther chameleon, so I've got patience and time. For the chameleon it had to be a tall enclosure with the majority of space on top, with a good area underneath to hold all of the water reserves (two 5 gal buckets).

The reason I want to go this route is that once I started to build this chameleon cage (initially thinking it was more work than it was worth), I realized I really enjoyed doing it and I want something that looks like furniture first and and enclosure second.

Thanks for any help!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg armoire initial.jpg (24.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg center backdrop up.jpg (24.4 KB, 88 views)
Login to remove ads