Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-15, 10:28 PM   #1
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness
False Wheezing?

Hey all. I have a BP that seems to wheez alot. Ihave noticed it mostly if he's active or eating. I have taken him to the vet for an RI before and they went into detail about how to listen for different types of sounds meaning different things.

Well, tonight he was around my neck and squeezing quite a bit as he moved around (almost uncomfortablly tight) and heard him wheezing AGAIN. So, I pulled him back and pressed my ear to the spots the vet told me to before and listened...no wheezing in his lungs. I listened for a long time, on both sides, in multiple spots and there's NO internal wheezing..but when I put his face close to my ear....wheezing!

Is this false wheezing, a form of hissing, stuck shed on his nose that I can't see? (Looked super close at nostrils and mouth and saw nothing), or something more serious? I know before when he had a vet confirmed RI Icoukd hear the internal wheezing that the vet mentioned, but now there's no sounds other than from his mouth/nose.

Also, he is one of my hissiest snakes EVER. Not sure if this means anything, but figured I'd throw that out there just n case.

Also, no open mouth breathing, haven't caughtany yawning or any other signs of a possible RI that he showed when he had one months ago....

I hope he's just being a drama snake...but if not...yeah....

Oh! Also, enclosure stats are all spot on ambient temp of 78 belly heat hot spot of 89 humidity fluctuates between 60-80 depending on time of day and if the house heat is on. I mist if it drops below 60.

I stopped counting at 30....

Last edited by Minkness; 12-21-15 at 10:35 PM..
Login to remove ads