border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-15, 07:22 PM   #1
mike22ca

Propper heating for Animal Plastics T25 and retic

I currently have an Animal Plastics T25 72x30x18 on order for my retic (cant wait for it to get here!). I've been trying to figure out the best heating solution. Winter time really is the only issue. My room ranges from 67-72ish. I've kept reptiles for years but have never dealt with an enclosure this large. In the past ive always used flexwatt in various size and wattages.

I think my game plan for this cage is: 3ft of 21" flexwatt 40w under one side of the cage, plus a radiant heat panel.

Im having trouble deciding between Pro Products and RBI. For the most part everyone has good things to say about both. I talked to Bob at ProProducts and he recommended a Pro Heat model PH-125, 375 BTU/h, 110 watt, 15" x 24" x 1" radiant panel, and I talked to Reptile Basics and they recommended at least the 120W if not the 160W.

Does my game plan for this cage seem to be spot on? Does anyone have and advice or recommendations on my configuration?
Login to remove ads

Tags
animal plastics, cage, enclosure, retic, rhp