border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-15, 04:00 PM   #1
trailblazer295

How often do you mist?

I'm still setting up my vine snake tank. Hit a hiccup with how often you can mist. The goal is to maintain 70-85% humidity in the tank. The tank has an exo terra dual canopy with 2 14w T8 plant bulbs and a 35w sun glo halogen and also a 100w zoo med CHE. I have a weather station in the room giving me temp and humidity inside the room and outdoors. So I can adjust things throughout the year as weather changes and know when to open the window. How often/long are people misting to keep the humidity up and keep the live plants alive? I also plan on watering the plants with my aquarium water every week to 2 weeks. As the nitrates are good plant food, not in the misting system of course. Looking for some help as this is my first attempt at setting up a live terrarium and misting system. I have mistking starter system. Everything is hooked up and I have a half filled 5g bucket of RO water.

Yes I have temp/hygro sensor in the cage as well.