border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Elaphe Guttata Guttata

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-15, 04:02 PM   #1
LespaceSerpent

Question Corn Snake Advice?

ALRIGHT, so a few days ago I bought my first Corn Snake, I fell in love with him at the store and after some research I decided that it'd be a good way to get into the snake world.

I tried to share a pic of himbut it wouldn't let me, I guess because I only just joined, so I'll add one later when I can.

He was a little mad when I first brought him home but he's getting quite comfortable in the tank I bought him.

My question comes in that he burrowed into the aspen almost immediately, and I haven't seen him come out.

I did google and find out that this is normal and he's making little tunnels to sleep in and be comfortable, but I'm wondering how, after giving him like a week to get comfortable, I get him used to being handled?

He wasn't aggressive by any means, aside from when he had to be driven home and even then he didn't strike. But I don't want to traumatize him or anything by digging him from the bedding to get him used to me or to feed him?

Am I worrying too much about it? Do I need to wait for him to come out then take him out? Any extra tips would be appreciated.
Login to remove ads

Tags
corn snake, new member, snake behavior, snake care