border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Breeding / Incubation

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-15, 06:13 PM   #1
sSAIRSCHUTTSs

Talking Male/Female Python Housing Together

Hey all!
I have two male pythons, one royal python that I rescued (& Im pretty sure he is blind due to the horrendous environment he had to live in, but thats another story.) and my bumblebee morph royal python. Ive had the first male for three years now, and i just got my bumblebee last year.
However just recently I got a fancy female, who was rescued by the previous owner, and she was being housed with his male. Now, shes about two years old and my oldest male is probably 6 or 7 since he was full grown when I got him and has stayed the same length.
Since she was housed with the other male, i took her in and kept her in her tank alone for the first three weeks, then i introduced her to our oldest male.
They have been in the same enclosure for two days now, and seem inseparable. Hes always right there beside her. I read online that the female has to be at least 4? Before breeding? But other forums people were trying to breed 2 yr olds.
Is it possible that they will become a mating pair? Im happy for him having a friend because hes blind and it sometimes makes him skittish.
Other forums said that the male lays with them as a form of dominance though, and the snakes aren't actually enjoying themselves? Does this apply for male/female housing? & she is already used to having company so maybe its good for her??
I still have her own enclosure in case they should be separated, and I have been keeping a close eye on them.

Just looking for pointers here!

Input is appreciated if its helpful!!
If you dont have anything nice to say.. keep scrolling.
Login to remove ads

Tags
ballpython, female, housing, male, python