border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Lizard Forums > Varanid

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-15, 08:08 PM   #1
rubixcube2808

Question Looking for opinions and advice!

Hello!
I am new to reptiles and while doing some research online I happened across this forum. It seems like there is a lot of knowledge here and many different opinions as well that I thought would be great to have access to. I have started looking into getting a new friend and my best friend has two bearded dragons which lead me to decide on getting a scaly friend of my own. However, with the little bit of research I have done and the fact that my favorite reptile is the komodo dragon, I decided I would like to get a monitor lizard. I am currently leaning toward either a red or yellow ackie... Something that doesn't get huge but something that isn't too small or very aggressive is what I'm looking for. Any care guides or books would be appreciated if suggested and any other info as far as enclosures, substrates and furnishings, and temp control would be greatly appreciated. I won't be getting my new friend for a while but until then I want to make sure I do everything I can so I am completely prepared for when I do finally get him or her. Also, if anyone feel that the breed I am looking at wouldnt be a good choice for a beginner PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I do know a little bit about reptiles care because of my friends dragons, but like I said, I want to make sure I'm good to go when the time comes. Thanks for any and all help/suggestions!
Login to remove ads

Tags
enclosures, feeding help, lizard help, substrate