border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-14, 04:17 PM   #1
Alexy

Unhappy Having Issues with humidity

I got my first BP a few months ago which has been the best experience ever, but has also ended up being a nightmare because SOMETHING always has to happen to one thing or another.

Basically, I need a new item to keep the humidity up in his tank.

The humidity item I use now is the ReptiRain timed sprayer, and I really hate it. It often skips or delays the time it's suppose to spray, dies for days at a time when it gets wet inside, and I believe it's causing my light bulbs on my snakes tank to go out cause the water may be hitting the bulbs, or it simply gets humid inside the bulbs and dies. I've gone through about 5 bulbs in the past month and a half already. I've tried moving the bulbs as far away from the sprayer as I can, but it still hits them and the sprayer can't be aimed downward.

I'm not a builder of any kind or have any useful skills to completely come up with something on my own so my only option is to buy a different timed sprayer, I just don't know what is reliable and where I can buy one. Our two petstores have nothing useful for reptiles either.

I also can't use a house humidifier for the whole room since it's a living room and always has people in it, windows open, etc and just really wouldn't work out.
Login to remove ads

Tags
humidity