border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-14, 11:30 PM   #1
krstn

Exclamation Help! Really concerned about our baby rosy boa

Hi Folks, just joined this sight this evening. Lots of interesting info to be found here!

I'm hoping someone with experience with Rosy Boas can give me some feedback.

Here's the situation: I bought a baby Rosy Boa (born 8/24/13) for my daughter for Christmas. We received her on 12/17/13 in what appeared to be a healthy state. We left her alone for a good 10 days to let her get accustomed to her new surroundings, and she seemed to be pretty happy, moving about, curious, checking things out...We fed her her first thawed Pinky and everything went fine, we fed her her second pinky 7 days later and everything seemed fine...then day before yesterday, we fed her for the 3rd time and she went right for it as usual, but after eating the lump in her seemed weird, bigger or lumpier than before. It has been 48 hours and she hasn't moved from her hiding spot at all, and the lump is still there! I don't know if she has drank any water since we got her either. I've put the water in the enclosure 1 day a week, but have never seen her drink any...

Any ideas about what's wrong, or am I just being paranoid? I really feel like she isn't doing well, because she was so active before, but for the last 5 days she hasn't been showing any activity, and seems especially lethargic after the last feeding.

My daughter's Leopard Gecko passed away just before Thanksgiving and she was devastated. I don't want to see her go through that again! And I really love this little Rosy!
Login to remove ads

Tags
rosy boa, rosy boa baby, rosy boa tips