sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Epicrates

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-13, 02:46 PM   #1
SaveDeafDogs

Lightbulb Hypos and Breeding?

Hey everyone,
I'm brand new here and wanted to start off with a quick hello!
I just found a post on craigslist about a Hypo Brazilian Rainbow Boa, and I was intruiged. I've never seen a Hypo BRB in persona and generally only find normals for sale. I took a look at the pictures and it looked like a Hypo but without a point of reference I really couldn't tell. Regardless I just had to jump on it. I picked him up and he looks like he's in good health and his temperament is to die for, sweet as can be. I currently breed several types chameleons and was considering Brazilian Rainbow Boas as my first snake breeding project. I understand it can be fairly difficult, but I'm will to put the time and research into it to make it plausible.
My question is more about genetics and morphs. He's about 4 years old, so plenty mature for breeding, and I was considering getting a female and trying my luck. But obviously I'd like to produce some pretty babies and the more Hypos the better.
questions!
1. how do i know this snake has the hypo gene considering I have very little information about him? Is he hypo?
2. how can you PROPERLY identify a hypo versus a high color? They're both so beautiful that sometimes I can't tell the difference... it would be really stupid to start a breeding project with a snake that doesn't have the gene I'm looking for haha
3. what kind of female would you suggest for the best results? or interesting results... I'm very open to ideas if anyone has any.
4. do you know where I could find a respectable female?

I'm SUPER excited to start thinking about this project so early in the year. I just need to find the right pair any suggestions are super helpful and i can't thank you enough!

got a 4 year old
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3Ma3Lb3oe5N15Gf5F9d31891b64c114031102-1.jpg (25.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7755.jpg (23.6 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 3Fd3Mc3Ha5G65F75H6d3132c835345a44177a-2.jpg (25.0 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7762.jpg (21.5 KB, 80 views)
Login to remove ads

Tags
brazilian rainbow boa, hypo