border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-13, 12:37 PM   #1
jay.preston

Question Ball Python Enclosure Help

Hi All,

I've got a couple general questons about my ball python enclosure I've been having some trouble with. I had the snake for about a month and I can't seem to get the temp and humidity where I want them to be.

The tank is a 30 gallon aquarium tank with a screen top.

The temperature according to my digital and analog gauge stays at around 75-77 degrees throughout the tank, and correct me if I'm wrong but it should be 80-85 with a warm spot of 90? Wouldn't think this would be a problem - just add more heat right? Well I've got 2 heating pads (1 large 1 small) and a heat lamp and I can't get the temp up.

Also as for humidity, I'm having to spray the cage 3x or 4x a day to keep the humidity above 40% and overnight it drops to 10% in the morning until I start spraying again. I've tried covering the 3/4 of the tank with a damp towel, and now I've even tried covering the area with a thin sheet of plastic to keep the moisture in. It has helped, but very little. I also keep the smaller of the heating pads under a fairly large water dish, which is also under the heat lamp.

Any advice is appreciated!
Login to remove ads

Tags
advice, ball, enclosure, python