Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-12, 03:44 PM   #20
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Re: Psycho Argentine Boa

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudentoReptile View Post
Since it was brought up, if I am ever in such a situation, I just usually put the snake gently back into its enclosure. As I've stated in another thread, I generally accept the real possibility of getting bit if I'm working with a potentially cantankerous animal. I have never felt the need to restrain the snake's head and get it more pissed, and make it distrust me even further.

The only exception would be if there were children around, and I didn't want anyone besides myself getting bit. That would be an extremely rare occurrence since I typically would not bring out any snake that I knew had a history for being "overly defensive" in the presence of kids.
Good for you. I have already said that I will never handle this snake again and it was good for me to handle her the first place for experience sake. My main purpose in this thread was to relay what that experience was like because it made an impression on me. I have also stated that I do what I do because I do it. I dont care what people's reactions are especially after the fact. If the results of this thread are negative feedback so be it. I grabbed her behind her head precisely because I didnt want to get bit. I had no intentions on taming her down because I knew that that was the last time I would ever handle her again. Now Im ready for more negative feedback so bring it on.
Login to remove ads