sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Boa Constrictor

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-12, 06:34 AM   #1
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Psycho Argentine Boa

I went to make another payment on GI Jane yesterday and was offered the chance to handle an Argentine Boa. Keep in mind this friend of mine has two of these, one larger very tame Argy and a younger, smaller, very tempermental psycho. She pulled her out of her tub and placed her in my arms. I must tell you, the excitement and adrenaline flow was unreal because at the same time of realizing this potential in her, I was also very calm and she was unusually calm as well. I was told that this snake would turn on you and start striking for no apparant reason, even after 20 minutes of handling. Well, it took about that long. Even though this snake was in the typical "S" Pattern most of the time. she was also curious. She would go up to the side of my face and flick her tongue on my cheek and slither around on my shoulders. Then when her time was "up", she opened her mouth up wide showing her teeth, followed by a hiss, I knew right then she wanted to go back in. I grabbed her just behind her head to prevent her from any sudden strikes and gave her back to my friend and she put her back in her tub. I never will forget the way that looked with her mouth wide open like that. It was an image of one of the creatures in the "Alien" movies, if you can imagine that.
Login to remove ads