border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Food For Thought Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-12, 06:41 PM   #1
breana@mail.org

Corn Snake stopped eating

Ok I have a year old male corn snake. He has a huge tank with plants and 3 place to crawl in and hide a huge watering dish that he can swim in. Did I mention this is the same tank he has been in since we brought him home. He started w/ frozen then pinkies the fuzzys then small mice to medium and has been eating 2-3 a week for 3 months. So I decided to breed my own mice. So I put 2 fuzzys that had their eyes open in his tank and he did not eat them. So after 3 days I took them out and I waited a few days and put 1 back in. Now we are on day 20 and he has not eaten. The mouse still is scare of him when he comes out but he acts like the mouse is not even there. He is out of his hiding area all the time and likes to be handled. He has never bitten or tried. I want to make sure he is ok. Now right before I added the last mouse, he had aten 3 hopers and shedd from head to tail. How long his ok. Should I smack a mouse dead to see if he will eat it? Oh tank is usuall 75-80 and warm side but tank is big enough he can go over to other side were the water is and another hide on the cooler side. Any help is good. Thank you Breana
Login to remove ads

Tags
cornsnake