sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-12, 12:34 PM   #1
Dranix Paremoon

Advice for a first time Breeder?

Hi,

So I know I'm starting a little late, but my female spider is a bit picky sometimes, so she didn't gain the weight I was hoping for for the fall. But she's just about ready now and I want to try to have my first breeding with her and my male normal. My cinnamons are still a bit small this year, but they eat very well, so I think both will be ready on time next year.

I'm a little nervous about it though. I've read several different articles on breeding BPs, so I know what to do, I just keep feeling nervous about the whole male and female introductions part mostly. Some articles talk about the risk of one eating the other, and I have no idea how to tell if they like eachother or one plans to devour the other when I'm not looking. I know it's only rare for that to happen, but I love my babies, I just worry it may actually happen. If there's any sort of body language or something they do to help me figure out they aren't happy with eachother, I would love to know before I begin introductions.

I also worry about egg binding. Can you tell I get worried about all the things that may happen? XP

I've begun to lower the temps at night for my two ready snakes and keep feeding regularly to all the BPs that are still taking.

Any tips or advice from people who have bred their BPs before, I would LOVE to hear it.

Thanks

Tags
advice, ball, breeding, python, royal