border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > Enclosure / Reptile Room Showcase

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-11, 11:13 PM   #14
Teckdragon

Re: My Reptile Room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanbakir View Post
Also, are those live or plastic plants?
All my plants are live. The smaller exo has 4 neoregelia bromeliads and 1 Vriesea bromeliad, some pothos, and some ficus pumulia (creeping fig). The larger tank is pothos, an anthurium hybrid, a larger vriesea, and 2 neoregelia fireballs. My new tank for my arboreal snakes is going to be all live plants as well.

The only thing that I have with plastic plants is the quarantine/temp tank my baby JCP is currently housed in.

EDIT: The plants in the turtle tank WERE live, but he ate them all, and the remaining strings of plant fibers got caught inside the filter and ruined it. The current ones are just a couple resin logs (for the crayfish to hide in) and some Exo Terra turtle grass to provide a little something to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xochiquetzal View Post
on a different note what kind of turtle do you have?
It's a Western Painted Turtle. I got him when I was in Kindergarten some ~20 or so years ago, and he was an adult already. Still alive and kicking! The only major issue I think I had with him (aside from the time he managed to escape) was a vitamin A deficiency that I treated with diet changes and medication.

Last edited by Teckdragon; 05-27-11 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: more info

Tags
exo terra, terrarium, vivarium, zoo med